Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

aiw said:
deepdarkblue said:
This is the best part of the TV year for me: GoT, Penny Dreadful, Banshee, Peaky Blinders.

BTW, Peaky Blinders is on Netflix, not BBC. Watching 1st episode of the 3rd season now.

Peaky Blinders is on the "real" BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b045fz8r, you're probably thinking of BBC America.

Banshee is all done, forever. It was my favorite pulp fiction show.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I tried "The 100" based on CK's recommendations here. It's too young adult for me. The premise is cool, though.

I'm trying "Luther" now. Pilot was good.

I can definitely understand the too young adult aspect. "The 100" gets much better after the first 4 episodes or so to where it's unrecognizeable from where it started.

deepdarkblue said:
aiw said:
deepdarkblue said:
This is the best part of the TV year for me: GoT, Penny Dreadful, Banshee, Peaky Blinders.

BTW, Peaky Blinders is on Netflix, not BBC. Watching 1st episode of the 3rd season now.

Peaky Blinders is on the "real" BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b045fz8r, you're probably thinking of BBC America.

Banshee is all done, forever. It was my favorite pulp fiction show.

I meant BBCA. Watching on Netflix.

rome8180 said:
[tag]deepdarkblue[/tag], you'd probably enjoy The Night Manager if you haven't watched it already.

I'd recommend it for anyone here, really. It's a six-episode miniseries based on a John le Carre novel (The Constant Gardner, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, etc.). Smart international thriller stuff. Stars Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. It's available for free on AMC's website if you've got a cable provider password. Beautifully shot, subtly acted.

Update. It blew me away. Easily the best miniseries I've seen (which is saying a lot when you include things like Top of the Lake).

Really?? I have to watch this now. I must admit I thought it looked really stupid when I saw the previews. Never would have guessed you would enjoy it that much.

rome8180 said:
rome8180 said:
[tag]deepdarkblue[/tag], you'd probably enjoy The Night Manager if you haven't watched it already.

I'd recommend it for anyone here, really. It's a six-episode miniseries based on a John le Carre novel (The Constant Gardner, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, etc.). Smart international thriller stuff. Stars Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. It's available for free on AMC's website if you've got a cable provider password. Beautifully shot, subtly acted.

Update. It blew me away. Easily the best miniseries I've seen (which is saying a lot when you include things like Top of the Lake).

Started watching this last night but only got halfway through the pilot before bed. I'm intrigued so far, looking forward to watching it this weekend.

I'm delighted that Tom Hardy is back on Peaky Blinders, even though I can't understand approximately half of what he says.

That's why I watch almost every show with closed captions on. I just process the information better that way, especially if dealing with thick accents or confusing plots.

Audiobooks are pretty much the worst format for me. I am enjoying Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, but I keep having to back up when I realize my mind is wandering and I missed some crucial detail.

GoT latest episode

I was pretty disappointed honestly. There's this amazing speech that Martin wrote for Septon Meribald literally about a Broken Man that could have been Emmy kind of stuff for Ian McShane and the writers didn't even use it.

I think limiting him to one episode is a misuse of a possibly excellent character.

Not sure if Arya is intentionally leaving a blood trail but I hope so.

Sansa gambled on the Stark name and lost. Their only allies have been gained through Jon Snow's actions. Baelish better come through for her.

Entire "O.J. Made in America" will be available on WatchESPN app at 11 p.m. EST tonight.

The latest GoT episode had me struggling to stay awake. Ended up focusing half of my attention on work while watching.

dub_seahawks said:
The latest GoT episode had me struggling to stay awake. Ended up focusing half of my attention on work while watching.

Overall I liked it but the scene with Tyrion, Grey Worm, and what's-her-name was just awful and pointless.

Yeah, I thought it was basically a repeat of the same scene they did earlier this season. When there's so much else going on I don't really need the social awkwardness of Grey Worm and girl reemphasized.

Am I the only one that thinks there's too much going on storyline wise? It seems like each storyline gets like 5 to 10 minutes max then won't see them until the following week (sometimes even two or three weeks).

I'm hoping as more characters get killed and storylines start working their way to the end game that we'll see more screen time devoted to specific storylines.

I thought the same thing about those stupid dialogues with Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei (w/e spelling). Pointless. So many other things from the book are cut out so that we can see five minutes of a 60 minute show devoted to that??

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom