Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

rhfarmer said:
Please tell me someone else here watches Ancient Aliens.

Everything can be explained by aliens. Yes I have watched a lot of these. Even though there's a lot of junk science I enjoy this show. I have a weird little interest in extraterrestrial life. Odds are it exists, and that intelligent life has existed at some point in some galaxy during the Earth's history.

I fucking love David Childress' voice and everything about Giorgio.

Ewan McGregor is playing two brothers on Fargo Season 3. One is "the parking lot king of Minnesota" and one is a schlubby loser. It will be set in present day, I believe.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
rhfarmer said:
Please tell me someone else here watches Ancient Aliens.

Everything can be explained by aliens. Yes I have watched a lot of these. Even though there's a lot of junk science I enjoy this show. I have a weird little interest in extraterrestrial life. Odds are it exists, and that intelligent life has existed at some point in some galaxy during the Earth's history.

I fucking love David Childress' voice and everything about Giorgio.

I just watched the one about mars, and how we are basically all Martians. it reminded me of an amazing Larry Niven novel called The Integral Trees.

I love how in all of these episodes, there is always a big NASA cover up--all of the photos are deliberately pixelated, photos of the evidence of civilization on Mars are not shown to the public, etc. The one really intriguing aspect of the episode is the molecular signature of weapons grade radioactivity on Mars in proximity to the huge trench on the Martian surface. Pretty incredible to think about--Mars civ wiped out by nuclear blast from a spacecraft eons ago.

GoT

loved/hated the episode. The whole "hold the door" to "Hodor" is absolutely brilliant, imo, and if that was just GRRM's vision all along big kudos to him. The way the whole thing played out at the end was great and a huge gut punch at the same time.

However, the whole time wheel thing with Bran can fuck itself. This is very confusing, and I HATE the idea of Bran being able to interact and change the past. I really really hope they slam on the breaks in regards to that, because I think there's a possibility it might ruin the show for me. If they keep going with that, it will become ridiculous, and detract from all of the other storylines. Why would we care about Dany and Jon and Tyrion if Bran can interact with/effect present day situations?

I don't know what the F that was. Is he going back in time and changing/interacting, is the present, past and future all parallel timelines? I don't know. So confused and would like them to spell this shit out before this season is over for clarity.

DukeNukem05 said:
I bet you loved Lost.

I think that's the problem here. I thought Lost went off the rails with that and I think time knots are a bit overdone/lazy in tv show writing. It's hard to complain about last night's show but I am just hoping the time confusion stuff doesn't bleed into the rest of the stories, although it's easy to imagine that there's going to be a very complicated (and IMO unnecessary) storyline convergence.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
DukeNukem05 said:
I bet you loved Lost.

I think that's the problem here. I thought Lost went off the rails with that and I think time knots are a bit overdone/lazy in tv show writing. It's hard to complain about last night's show but I am just hoping the time confusion stuff doesn't bleed into the rest of the stories, although it's easy to imagine that there's going to be a very complicated (and IMO unnecessary) storyline convergence.

I would be OK with Bran suffering a death >/= the one he brought on Hodor, thus sparing us from any more of Bran's time fuckery.

thewiseben said:
GOT Thoughts:
The Great
Great scenes: Sansa/Littlefinger. Arya watching that play. Varys.
The Good
I am as tired of the Bran storyline as anyone, but Jesus, Hodor had to go out like that?
The Bad
I really don't see where Bran's storyline can go from here unless they're suddenly going to reintroduce Benjen as the mysterious rider Coldhands who shelters them and hides them from the Night King. I'm not fond of the actress or character Meera. I'm sad she's becoming a bigger part of Bran's storyline.
The Fuck.You. Why Am I Still Obsessed with this Show?
The guy who plays Euron is fucking awful. That is a perfect role for Ian McShane. I hope they're not going to waste him on that stupid alternate Targaryen plotline.
No reason for Ser Jorah to keep living. Seriously. Just give him a knife in the belly and let him be dead now.
The flip side of the Sansa/Littlefinger scene. What the fuck are you doing NOT using arguably the most powerful man in the Seven Kingdoms

I have no fucking clue why Sansa would turn down a free army. One that just happens to be the largest and freshest in the land, tied to a direct relative.

Topher said:
thewiseben said:
GOT Thoughts:
The Great
Great scenes: Sansa/Littlefinger. Arya watching that play. Varys.
The Good
I am as tired of the Bran storyline as anyone, but Jesus, Hodor had to go out like that?
The Bad
I really don't see where Bran's storyline can go from here unless they're suddenly going to reintroduce Benjen as the mysterious rider Coldhands who shelters them and hides them from the Night King. I'm not fond of the actress or character Meera. I'm sad she's becoming a bigger part of Bran's storyline.
The Fuck.You. Why Am I Still Obsessed with this Show?
The guy who plays Euron is fucking awful. That is a perfect role for Ian McShane. I hope they're not going to waste him on that stupid alternate Targaryen plotline.
No reason for Ser Jorah to keep living. Seriously. Just give him a knife in the belly and let him be dead now.
The flip side of the Sansa/Littlefinger scene. What the fuck are you doing NOT using arguably the most powerful man in the Seven Kingdoms

I have no fucking clue why Sansa would turn down a free army. One that just happens to be the largest and freshest in the land, tied to a direct relative.

She mad. And stupid.
I always disliked Sansa, started liking her over the last couple of episodes, am starting to dislike her again for that stupid shit.

Ben, my understanding is that Ian McShane's role will be just a few lines in one episode, maybe something having to do with the Gravedigger? The priest, maybe?

That Hodor shit mad me sad and angry. Fuck you, Bran.

But Varys and Tyrion could sit reading the Yellow Pages to each other and it would probably make me happy.

I don't want more Red Priestesses unless they have cleavage to share.

If the Iron Isle folks cut down all the trees and make boats out of them, they're all probably going to drown. Green wood-shrinkage-glug-glug-glug. Too bad this isn't real life.

Yes, add me to the list of people who are tired of watching long-suffering Ser Jorah mooning around after Daenarys as he slowly turns into a pet rock. Go bravely die soon, we all know it's inevitable anyway.

I want Arya to go kill some people.

99.9% chance Coldhands saves Bran. 85.8% chance Coldhands is Benjen.

I'm going to be so fucking pissed when they kill off Ghost.

I'm glad I didn't have to see more Cersei versus the High Sparrow this week, but that only means they'll be coming back around next week.

This was my least favorite episode of the season.

thewiseben said:
I hope everyone in King's Landing gets greyscale.

No. I refuse to have Ian McShane go out like that. He needs to have a series of long scenes with Tyrion and Varys. They could kill off the rest of the cast and I'd just watch those three pontificate together.

I think the Red Priestesses are going to be super important. Would also like more b00bs tho.

Yeah, but if we have to start worrying about facts, logic, and strategy, we'd probably be wondering why the **** the white walkers don't just immediately turn south and annihilate the weakened forces of the Night's Watch before they get reinforcements.

i'm pretty sure the magical powers of the wall won't allow the white walkers to attack it. just like the white walkers couldn't attack the children of the forest and the tree they were in until the Night's King "marked" Bran. This allowed them to enter where they were. I think the same will apply to the Wall unless Bran realizes this. Otherwise, he'll run to the wall, and making it useless against the WW's

Penny Dreadful this week was, I felt, badly executed and a waste of an episode. Instead of forcing us to sit through an entire 55 minutes of Vanessa in the nervous hospital, would have been nice if they had spread it out as 3-5 minute scenes over multiple episodes.

Speculation is that Jorah's story will get merged with Victarion's, which would actually be pretty sweet imo.

But otherwise I think the show is absolutely going off the rails. I don't want to turn this into a book reader rant but all these revelations feel so cheap and unearned.

Pretty addicted to Parts Unknown, Anthony Bourdain's show on CNN. It's not typical fare for me, since I usually stick to fiction. But I like that it's not just a "travel" or "food" show. It does a good job putting the places he visits in historical and cultural context. Bourdain is a good interviewer too.

I enjoy the episodes most where he visits some place with a troubled history (or troubled present). South Africa, the Congo, Iran, Libya, etc., were all really interesting to me.

You can watch it on Netflix. Don't watch it if you're hungry.

Watching the Mexico episode now. Depressing as shit. They don't skimp on the dead bodies.

It takes almost ten minutes into the episode before you see any food. I remember in the '90s when my mom used to take me and my sister over the border for an afternoon. Wouldn't be advisable any more (though there are still some areas that are perfectly safe).

sivartrenrag said:
Speculation is that Jorah's story will get merged with Victarion's, which would actually be pretty sweet imo.

But otherwise I think the show is absolutely going off the rails. I don't want to turn this into a book reader rant but all these revelations feel so cheap and unearned.

I am a book reader and don't feel this way at all. I think the show is doing a great job, but, I am worried where they go from here in regards to some of what we saw on Sunday.

thewiseben said:
And yes, far and away my least favorite episode of the season.

My one TV indulgence and I love this season. Finally got around to watching the last episode and I thought it was perfect. I love the history and clearing of the fog that is happening this season.

You must know where Bran's story arc is heading. Jon won't get a dragon. Bran will control the dragon. His arc is one of my favorites because he's involved in the ancient, northern magic. Was that the last of the Children of the Forest???

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom