Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

thewiseben said:
dub_seahawks said:
You must know where Bran's story arc is heading. Jon won't get a dragon. Bran will control the dragon. His arc is one of my favorites because he's involved in the ancient, northern magic. Was that the last of the Children of the Forest???

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility for Bran to get warg rights to a dragon, but I think the prevailing theory is that the three headed Targaryen dragon will be: Jon (since we know he's Rhaegar's), Dany, and Tyrion (the thought is that he is NOT actually Tywin's son, but that he's another son of Rhaegar who was known for sleeping with the wives of everyone in Westeros).

I don't remember there being any mention of more Children of the Forest.

Also, it'd be a big departure (obviously not the first) for Benjen to save Bran as the character Cold Hands. Cold Hands obviously hasn't been portrayed in the show yet, but George RR Martin has said explicitly that the probably undead ranger Cold Hands is not Benjen Stark.

Just to get all book nerd on yall, there's an island called the God's Eye in the middle of Westeros where the CotF and the Andals made a peace pact. The theory is the island is still occupied by CotF and no known men have visited the island since the pact.

^^ Which is where I think Bran will head to become his own version of the Three Eyed Raven... Unless he is somehow more powerful and doesn't need to tap into the weirwood network to do his thing.

I want to re-read the entire series, should GRRM actually finish it, but I may not ever manage to crawl back out of these damned Malazan tomes. Then again, I'll probably be done reading all 15,000+ pages of them before George even gets his latest to the publishers.

thewiseben said:
dub_seahawks said:
You must know where Bran's story arc is heading. Jon won't get a dragon. Bran will control the dragon. His arc is one of my favorites because he's involved in the ancient, northern magic. Was that the last of the Children of the Forest???

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility for Bran to get warg rights to a dragon, but I think the prevailing theory is that the three headed Targaryen dragon will be: Jon (since we know he's Rhaegar's), Dany, and Tyrion (the thought is that he is NOT actually Tywin's son, but that he's another son of Rhaegar who was known for sleeping with the wives of everyone in Westeros).

Also, it'd be a big departure (obviously not the first) for Benjen to save Bran as the character Cold Hands. Cold Hands obviously hasn't been portrayed in the show yet, but George RR Martin has said explicitly that the probably undead ranger Cold Hands is not Benjen Stark.

there are no more children of the forest. that was the last of them. also, the Tyrion thing is just a theory, because one of the Targaryen's was very attracted to Tywin's wife. That's the gist of it, the theory is much more well written on reddit or something like that

Topher said:
thewiseben said:
dub_seahawks said:

Just to get all book nerd on yall, there's an island called the God's Eye in the middle of Westeros where the CotF and the Andals made a peace pact. The theory is the island is still occupied by CotF and no known men have visited the island since the pact.

i don't think this will be explored in the television show.

aiw said:
Back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, GONE!
Rumblin', stumblin', bumblin'

http://thebiglead.com/2016/05/26/chris- ... spn-after/

z1grwzl0lof8sbvgchaj.jpg

1513669920374650002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For [tag]ZackM[/tag] and other Silicon Valley fans, a 4:30 supercut of Erlich insulting Jack. The original scene was only 25 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
thewiseben said:
1 week to go out here. Re-watching the Sopranos. Has not aged well.

That's not surprising. The Soprano's was pretty ground breaking, but I never thought Soprano's had the sustainability The Wire did in later years. The Soprano's (and I may be wrong on this, just an opinion) pretty much paved the way for male anti-hero main characters. Tony Soprano, Walter White, Don Draper, Frank Underwood, Jax Teller, Ray Donovan, etc etc, are all in that mold of anti-hero main characters, but that road was paved imo from The Soprano's. So many shows today have followed a similar path to The Soprano's in that regard. The Wire gets better and better. It stands the test of time undoubtedly. But I think The Soprano's probably had a bigger impact on television today, despite not holding up as well over time.

[tag]deepdarkblue[/tag], you'd probably enjoy The Night Manager if you haven't watched it already.

I'd recommend it for anyone here, really. It's a six-episode miniseries based on a John le Carre novel (The Constant Gardner, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, etc.). Smart international thriller stuff. Stars Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. It's available for free on AMC's website if you've got a cable provider password. Beautifully shot, subtly acted.

Yes, it's on my list. I started the first episode when it originally aired, but a squirrel ran by and I never regained focus.

deepdarkblue said:
This is the best part of the TV year for me: GoT, Penny Dreadful, Banshee, Peaky Blinders.

BTW, Peaky Blinders is on Netflix, not BBC. Watching 1st episode of the 3rd season now.

I tried "The 100" based on CK's recommendations here. It's too young adult for me. The premise is cool, though.

I'm trying "Luther" now. Pilot was good.

"Luther" is elevated above standard crime shows by complex characterization and brilliant acting.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom