Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

She should've gotten one for "The Leftovers" too. So should have Justin Theroux and the show itself.

Also "Party Down" is still awesome all these years later. So damn funny.

As one of the few people in the world who watched both The Leftovers and Fargo this season, I would say it is inexplicable to give Coon the nomination for Fargo but not for The Leftovers. I could go into detail about this, but it's not worth discussing because it's so clear to anyone who saw both performances. I wouldn't have given her a nomination for Fargo at all.

Black Mirror got some nominations. The "San Junipero" episode was nominated for best made-for-TV movie, which tells me it will probably win, since they shoehorned it into a category it doesn't belong in. It's difficult to rank it among the Black Mirror episodes because the feeling from watching it is so different from any other episode. It is the only episode I would want to watch more than two times.

Agree completely on Coon in Leftovers. She was fucking fantastic. Just watched the finale on Wednesday.

I also thought Theroux did great work this year (moreso than the previous seasons).

bdotling said:
They were thinking of doing a second season
Interesting. I was just going by what Nicole Kidman said in an interview (and the fact that it's based on a book).

But if there's a way to milk something for money, American TV will do it.

If you have a taste for things that are slightly campy, iZombie is really enjoyable. It's created by Rob Thomas, who did Veronica Mars. The best way to describe it would be a "psychic zombie Veronica Mars."

Rob Thomas also did Party Down, of course. But that show is on a whole different level than either iZombie or Veronica Mars.

There are a lot of things about it that are very silly. It takes bigger liberties with police and legal procedure than almost any show I've seen.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
As one of the few people in the world who watched both The Leftovers and Fargo this season, I would say it is inexplicable to give Coon the nomination for Fargo but not for The Leftovers.

Had this exact conversation with my wife this weekend. I'm glad to see Coon get recognized, but there's no legitimate justification for nominating her for Fargo instead of The Leftovers. There's nothing inherently wrong with her performance on Fargo, but I won't remember much about her Fargo character, whereas Nora Durst is seared into my brain forever.

For whatever reason, there seems to be a general disinclination by the Emmys to give proper due to The Leftovers, which I believe is among the best shows ever made.

Well, The Wire got nominated for a total of one Emmy (which it didn't receive). So, yeah, like most award shows it's pretty much bullshit.

Yeah, and they kept nominating Dexter for Best Drama Series long after that show devolved into pure garbage.

I didn't think the GoT season 7 premiere was all that great. I fear this season will be a big letdown. I am in favor of either Cersei or Arya standing tall at the end through amazing wickedness and ingenuity. Jon Snow and Dragon lady are so hatable in all their righteousness to me.

GOT

Since they showed it in the book Sam was reading last night, the Catspaw Dagger used by the assassin on Bran is absolutely the dagger Arya had in the promotional pics. The last known holder of the dagger was Baelish back in season 1, when he drew it on Ned in the throne room.

Even though she said she's heading south to kill Cersei, it seems apparent from the preview that she's still heading north. She'll get to Winterfell and probably kill Baelish with the dagger, stealing it for herself. Eventually, she'll use it to kill the Night King in Season 8.

I feel really confident in that.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom