Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

In order to avoid getting spoiled by HBO's accidental airing of episode 6 in Spain (Twitter and YouTube are being inundated with episode 6 "theories"), I rushed to watch it tonight.

Wow! A lot of shortcuts in the episode, but the Night King taking out one of Dany's dragons was incredible.
Anyone else getting tired of the Arya/Sansa back and forth?
And man does Cersei just seem like an irrelevant nuisance now.

Anyone else watch the episode, yet? There are excellent quality streams/downloads available.

Since it's been shown this season that there are no wasted scenes or words (other than the life and death of Dickon Tarly), I think all of that seemingly pointless back-and-forth will ultimately be for a purpose.

On the other hand
I thought the back-and-forth between Tormund and The Hound was hilarious. Every time they put the Hound in situations like that, it's a good scene. His reaction to Tormund's professed love for Brienne was great.

Good point about the Arya/Sansa stuff.
I'm guessing it will all ultimately lead to Little Finger's demise.

And I totally agree about the Tormund/Hound back and forths. Hilarious. I'm so glad Tormund didn't turn into a wight in episode 6. I was certain he was done as he was getting pulled into the water. I'm a little surprised neither he nor Jorah died during the fight. I thought one of them would. But I guess a dragon death was enough for one episode.

I watched it last night and it's a phenomenal episode. Arya giving Sansa the blade and explaining what the faces do makes me think they'll kill Littlefinger together and Arya will wear his face for a period to gain some as yet unknown advantage.

The Night King taking down Viserion is fascinating because everyone just assumed Dany would be able to fly over and kill them all easily. Knowing that the WW can do just as much damage and now have a fucking ice dragon tilts those scales back to even if not slanted towards them. Dany/Jon need to quit fucking around and just eliminate Cersei to remove all distractions.
Great point about Arya wearing his face. I was guessing Arya would kill Little Finger at some point, but wearing his face so they can still control his army makes perfect sense.

Yeah, the battle with the NK just got much more competitive. The whole Kings Landing plot line seems so pointless and annoying now. I hope the writers realized that, as well.

I'm wondering why Dany hasn't gotten the dragons to start having babies, yet? Seems like the smart thing to do to ensure your dominance long into the future. How old does a dragon have to be to start reproducing?

Does anyone have a stream or link? I usually don't do this, but the internet is a terrible place. Someone just purposely spoiled something big from the next episode, and I'm not taking anymore risks on having the entire thing spoiled.
Check http://reddit.com/r/GoTlinks/
Lots of working links there.

If you happen to click one that looks and sounds like someone recording their TV with a cellphone, that's not the right one.

Might have been useful if Gendry had included in the note to Dany to go after the NK and WW's first (just tell her to attack the ice men on horses). With the element of surprise, she could have easily burned them all to a crisp -- assuming fire can kill them.

Might have been useful if Gendry had included in the note to Dany to go after the NK and WW's first (just tell her to attack the ice men on horses). With the element of surprise, she could have easily burned them all to a crisp -- assuming fire can kill them.
spoiler GOT ep 6
I don't think there was an element of surprise. I think the NK can see things like Bran can, which is why the NK and his officers had those spears to throw. It's also why they had metal chains to take the dead dragons. They knew Dany was coming, and I think it is why they waited and waited before allowing the wights to attack Jon and co on the rock. I don't think it worked as well as the NK wanted, but he's happy with the result still. I believe his hope was they would kill Jon and co on the rock before Dany comes, and then when she comes, they would pick off her and all 3 dragons.

Maybe I'm taking that wrong but it's how I see it.

Also, I think the writing has dipped since the writers no longer have the book material in front of them. The episode was a bit cheesy. I found it to be a bit ridiculous that while standing on a rock and being attacked by thousands of dead people, the only one to die was Thoros...who died in his sleep. I also felt this way during the Spoils of War, IMO, Bronn or Jaime should've died, but probably Bronn since he escaped death several times. I just feel like the writers are losing the edge that made Game of Thrones so unpredictable and unlike anything we've ever seen before. I'm not saying I want to see these awesome characters just die, but we are nearing the very end here and at least someone else besides Thoros should've taken an L there.

I hate to be the one complaining about GOT, I still think it's the best show without question and will still finish as #1 all time for me, but I think the combination of them rushing to finish this along with no longer having the book material we are seeing a slight dip in the quality or writing

It's just a bit cringe writing that Seal Team 6 managed to survive a 100k+ army. They could've set it up differently, like if they had run into just say a couple of hundred members of the army, and it would've been more believable. But that was the entire damn army.

Best not use "logic" this season. There's no time! Just advance the plot!

I watched it last night and it's a phenomenal episode. Arya giving Sansa the blade and explaining what the faces do makes me think they'll kill Littlefinger together and Arya will wear his face for a period to gain some as yet unknown advantage.

The Night King taking down Viserion is fascinating because everyone just assumed Dany would be able to fly over and kill them all easily. Knowing that the WW can do just as much damage and now have a fucking ice dragon tilts those scales back to even if not slanted towards them. Dany/Jon need to quit fucking around and just eliminate Cersei to remove all distractions.
Great point about Arya wearing his face. I was guessing Arya would kill Little Finger at some point, but wearing his face so they can still control his army makes perfect sense.

Yeah, the battle with the NK just got much more competitive. The whole Kings Landing plot line seems so pointless and annoying now. I hope the writers realized that, as well.

I'm wondering why Dany hasn't gotten the dragons to start having babies, yet? Seems like the smart thing to do to ensure your dominance long into the future. How old does a dragon have to be to start reproducing?

I actually thought that final scene with Arya and Sansa was going to lead up to Arya revealing LittleFinger's face and letting her know Sansa was actually talking to Arya about the scene regarding Brienne. Kind of glad it didn't shake out that way but that is where i thought it was heading

Also GOT Ep 6 Season 7

really really really hoping Jaime stabs Cersei next week. Having to think about her fighting with Jon and Dany to defeat the NK, help win the battle, then just stabbing them both would be so horrible. Please just kill her and lets get on with the final 6 episodes dealing with the the Wall, the NK, Bran, Jon and his lineage, and then his relationship with Dany.

What are everyone's thoughts on that? I have read a theory which I will post in the spoiler below

Jon and Dany theory
"The whole three heads of the dragon has nothing to do with who rides actual dragons and everything to do with specific people. I think the three heads are Jon dany and their son/daughter. Jon and dany sacrifice theirselves and magic ends, but their child is the one who brings the dawn. Their child is lightbringer.

Something like that. Jon killing dany to turn longclaw into lightbringer is just way to fucking obvious. I don't think Martin writes it that way.

the way dany talked about being infertile and jorah telling Jon to pass down longclaw to his son, it just made sense. Their future baby will be a big deal

i think dany dies during pregnancy and Jon dies killing ww. Baby lives on to bring the dawn and peace to the world"

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that watched the leaked version. I've got lots of thoughts based on everyone's observations.
I'm in agreement with STF that the Night King has "IceSeer" abilities. There's Fire Seers (Mel, Thoros, Beric, and apparently the Hound now), Green Seers (Three Eyed Raven, Bran, Howland Reed), so why would the Night King not be an Ice Seer. The White Walkers are wargs, since they control the wights, and it was shown that if you kill a WW, it kills the wights he controls. (Although this theory could be disputed since we did not see it happen at Hardhome when John killed the WW in the hut, maybe some of his wights were outside and disappeared?) I think that the Night King has some capability to observe the future, but not affect it, so he waited for Dany to show up so he could have a blue-eyed dragon. Buddy has quite the arm too, the Dolphins should sign him.

Big fan of the Fellowship of the Wight, I figured one of Thoros or Beric was going to die. Glad neither Jorah nor Gendry died, since they just came back. Thormund is the last wildling main character, so it was unlikely that he was going to die. He probably because "warden of the gift" or something like that if there's a happy ending to be had. Clegane going to King's Landing with the wight confirms he's gonna fight the Mountain, so fans will get a huge service with the CLEGANEBOWL hype that's built up over the past 10 years.

WRT to Jon and Dany, it's obvious they are going to get together and procreate. Too much foreshadowing between their longing looks, the "heroes" speech from Tyrion, the gentle caress of Drogon by Jon, and in terms of incest, aunt/nephew is not terrible in Westeros. It would make sense that their offspring would be the "song" of ice and fire, but it also seems a little contrived by Martin and maybe not his style.

Arya and Sansa bugged me when I first watched the episode, but I didn't even consider the fact that Arya may kill Littlefinger and take his face. That makes these interactions a little more bearable. Still a bit annoying, since Dr. Branhattan (h/t reddit) could just easily tell his sisters what's going on with LF, but he's too preoccupied with being too important for the world. But I like the idea that they will team up to kill LF and then have Arya impersonate him for a bit.

I agree that this season feels rushed, but I think the show producers are ready to move on and want to get this over with as soon as possible. The blatant disregard for travel-time is just something we are going to have to live with as they move the plot forward. George can't be happy with how the show is moving forward, killing off every non-essential character and not touching a lot of his ridiculously complex plot, but that's his own damn fault for not finishing the damn source material. At this point I could give a flying fuck about Kings Landing and Cersei. Burn it to the ground and focus on the ice and fire battle and call it a day.

And aren't all three dragons male? I'm pretty sure they don't reproduce a-sexually. Although I'm not a dragon biology maester.

Also GOT Ep 6 Season 7

really really really hoping Jaime stabs Cersei next week. Having to think about her fighting with Jon and Dany to defeat the NK, help win the battle, then just stabbing them both would be so horrible. Please just kill her and lets get on with the final 6 episodes dealing with the the Wall, the NK, Bran, Jon and his lineage, and then his relationship with Dany.

What are everyone's thoughts on that? I have read a theory which I will post in the spoiler below

Jon and Dany theory
"The whole three heads of the dragon has nothing to do with who rides actual dragons and everything to do with specific people. I think the three heads are Jon dany and their son/daughter. Jon and dany sacrifice theirselves and magic ends, but their child is the one who brings the dawn. Their child is lightbringer.

Something like that. Jon killing dany to turn longclaw into lightbringer is just way to fucking obvious. I don't think Martin writes it that way.

the way dany talked about being infertile and jorah telling Jon to pass down longclaw to his son, it just made sense. Their future baby will be a big deal

i think dany dies during pregnancy and Jon dies killing ww. Baby lives on to bring the dawn and peace to the world"

seems more likely to me that Jon is lightbringer and rhaegar was azor ahai and lyanna was nissa nissa

But it does feel like they are foreshadowing some miracle baby with Jon and Dany, so could be.

Jon and Dany theory

[/QUOTE]

It's interesting but unlikely. The series is going to end with the demise of the WW and the return of Summer. What you describe is effectively what Rhaegar and Lyanna went through and Jon is that son/Lightbringer

jon/dany

i would just like for the show to end with Jon and Dany making little Targ babies together and living out their days as King/Queen of a peaceful Westeros. But, this probably wouldn't be the best way to write it and it certainly will not happen

I might not ever finish The Leftovers. My wife decided to give up on it, so now I have to decide if it's worth my precious alone time (which almost never occurs unless I want to sacrifice even more sleep).

What episode are you on?

Oh you haven't even gotten to anywhere close to the good stuff yet. 2nd season is way better than 1st and 3rd is even better than 2nd.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom