Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

Looking through Metacritic's list of upcoming shows, I saw this and literally Lol'd.

THU / OCTOBER 5
Ghost Wars
$
Horror Syfy, 10p

A remote Alaskan town is overrun by paranormal forces in this new series starring Avan Jogia, Vincent D'Onofrio, Kim Coates, and Meat Loaf.

The thought of Meat Loaf fighting ghosts in Alaska is somehow hilarious to me. Also, I thought he died already. Or maybe he's actually one of the ghosts.

Through episode 2 season 7 o Do GOT I already like it better Han the last 2 season which almost lost me.

If Bran knew who Jon really was, he should have known that he wasn't a bastard.

If Bran knew who Jon really was, he should have known that he wasn't a bastard.
he just hadn't seen the wedding yet. A lot of shit to see.

His name wouldn't be fucking Aegon. Rhaegar's first born son was Aegon and, at that point, still alive and well. Jon's real name should have been Aemon or, shit, even Jaeharys would have been fine. Aegon is literally the only name it wouldn't have been.

1. It was a little weird watching Jon fucking Dany while creepy ass Bran narrates, "This man is fucking his aunt. You are observing incest."

2. On that note, Bran's weird deadpan comments always crack me up. I feel like they all must dread having to make smalltalk with his at this point.

Sam: "Hey Bran, whatcha been up to?"
Bran: "I have become the three-eyed raven. I am one with time and time sees all. Do you agree?"
Sam: [under his breath] "Jesus, okay... um, well, anyway, need to ask you something.."

3. I hope someone overlays the last couple minutes of the Mayweather fight commentary over the Theon fight scene.

4. Jon Snow is such a fucking idiot. Nothing new there though.

5. Night King is the smartest, most competent, and generally most interesting character right now. I'm basically rooting for him at this point.

Also,

I feel like Weiss is responsible for all the dumb crap that has happened this season. In all of the writer commentaries, Benioff will go through some thoughtful character analysis that is cognizant of more nuanced stuff from the GoT universe, and then Weiss is like "You know we just had to have the hound pointlessly confront his bro with a corny line LOL!"

Also,

I feel like Weiss is responsible for all the dumb crap that has happened this season. In all of the writer commentaries, Benioff will go through some thoughtful character analysis that is cognizant of more nuanced stuff from the GoT universe, and then Weiss is like "You know we just had to have the hound pointlessly confront his bro with a corny line LOL!"

he 100% is. In one of the post-episode discussions he mentioned how for 3-4 seasons they wanted to include a white walker polar bear, and had been trying so hard to write one in but never had the budget, and now that they had the budget they had to write in. fucking dumb.

got

as far as the name Aegon is concerned I think it makes sense. Rhaegars other son he had with Elia Martell is named Aegon, but that means less since that son was going to be a bastard following the annulment of their marriage. Rhaegar clearly wanted a legitimate son named Aegon to be named after the father of the Mad King. Also, the show is a little bit different than the books (obv)- I don't think until now that Rhaegar having a son with Martell named Aegon ever was discussed on the show. They could just be choosing to leave out that pretty unimportant detail from the books.

Very nice.

I'm so glad Euron's "I'm taking my ships and going to hide on an island" bit was just a ruse. I was raging when he walked away, wondering why the fuck they'd wasted the time and money on his character (I've thought he was questionable all season anyway)

I thought the scene with Tyrion and Cersei was brilliant. Both of them really brought it from an acting standpoint.

Jon Aegon Snow Targaryen is an idiot and is not suited for playing the game of thrones.

I think Qybern got a chubby when he saw the wight. He wanted to steal that hand and touch himself inappropriately with it.

The Hound's "I'm going to get you" at The Mountain was pointless. He could have just stood giving him dirty looks and effectively conveyed the message.

When this is all over, none of the family is going to want to invite Bran over for Christmas dinner.

Littlefinger's demise was perfect. That was another great scene, I thought.

Shouldn't the white walker dragon have just blasted ice fire breath at the bottom of the wall? I realize in the grand scheme of things this is less than trivial, but why start at the top? Oh, I know - cinema.

Am I wrong, or did Varys not speak a single line, even though he was in at least half the scenes?

And now, we get to wait a year...or more...for the next season to start. *sigh*

got

as far as the name Aegon is concerned I think it makes sense. Rhaegars other son he had with Elia Martell is named Aegon, but that means less since that son was going to be a bastard following the annulment of their marriage. Rhaegar clearly wanted a legitimate son named Aegon to be named after the father of the Mad King. Also, the show is a little bit different than the books (obv)- I don't think until now that Rhaegar having a son with Martell named Aegon ever was discussed on the show. They could just be choosing to leave out that pretty unimportant detail from the books.

It was pretty much Oberyn's entire purpose

Did we see Ghost at all this season? Pathetic. Need more CGI money for the polar bears! It's funny to me that a wolf the size of the horse who has a telepathic connection with his secret Targaryen king owner isn't KEWL enough for the writers. But but but mah wight polar bear!

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the episode, despite more lame nonsense dialogue and bullshit. I think I'm finally firmly in "along for the ride" mode. Wish Jon was named Aemon. And I'm sick of Lena Headey's acting so I hope Cersei dies early next season.

Did we see Ghost at all this season? Pathetic. Need more CGI money for the polar bears! It's funny to me that a wolf the size of the horse who has a telepathic connection with his secret Targaryen king owner isn't KEWL enough for the writers. But but but mah wight polar bear!

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the episode, despite more lame nonsense dialogue and bullshit. I think I'm finally firmly in "along for the ride" mode. Wish Jon was named Aemon. And I'm sick of Lena Headey's acting so I hope Cersei dies early next season.

You didn't love the polar bear??
Well, here's something for you to keep in mind - in the books, the Golden Company has war elephants. Can the producers keep themselves from making a wight war elephant? I'm guessing not.

Got spoiler

considering the symbolism with the number 7 in the show and Jon being aegon the 7th (after the other son being illegitimate) it will likely mean a great deal in that Jon is the prince that was promised or something else- this thing probably ends with Jon and NK at the isle of faces. I think Dany dies giving birth

I liked my friend's "director cut" of the finale better than the actual ending. He was trying to turn the volume up but accidentally hit the back button right when the mountain was pulling out his sword and looking like he was going to attack Jaime. It was great, absolutely perfect timing and would've been a hell of a cliffhanger. The actual end to the season was kind of boring after that with no true cliffhanger.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom