Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Economy

Why do they count your funeral as among your own costs? It's not like they can bring you back to life.

Why do they count your funeral as among your own costs? It's not like they can bring you back to life.
I know know people who planned and prepaid for their own funerals. Certainly makes things a lot easier on that person’s family.

My dad’s cost $10,500 and we didn’t do anything special - just a regular, traditional funeral. I’m hopeful funeral costs come down though as the caskets and vaults and all that seem to be an older generation thing. Traditional funerals are a silly waste of money IMO. When we left the funeral home after choosing all of my dad’s stuff and getting the final cost, I told my wife to have me cremated and don’t even worry about keeping or spreading the ashes or anything like that.

The amount for retirement is very low, too. $700k is $35k per year from 65-85. Who the fuck is living off $35k per year in retirement? Is that a retirement worth having?

I know know people who planned and prepaid for their own funerals. Certainly makes things a lot easier on that person’s family.

My dad’s cost $10,500 and we didn’t do anything special - just a regular, traditional funeral. I’m hopeful funeral costs come down though as the caskets and vaults and all that seem to be an older generation thing. Traditional funerals are a silly waste of money IMO. When we left the funeral home after choosing all of my dad’s stuff and getting the final cost, I told my wife to have me cremated and don’t even worry about keeping or spreading the ashes or anything like that.
If a pauper's grave was good enough for Mozart, it should be good enough for us all.

Citizens of First World countries look at that health care premium price tag and go, wtf, America?

What is his goal? Is it about running for office as a dem? Or just trying to be the most woke NBA owner to keep Kyrie happy?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom