Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

I don’t mind this too much, though I wouldn’t have done it. I would say Carey was better by the numbers, but the difference when considering everything wasn’t so enormous that this would be an unconscionable play by Duke. It incentivizes being a multi-year player at Duke. The big drawback is potentially having Tre lose, when Carey might have won.

Last edited:
Wow, not only did Jones get the award, but Duke was correct that he wouldn't have won had Carey been eligible for votes, and there was a high risk of both Duke players losing out if they had split the vote. Employees at Duke should be working for political campaigns. I'm basing this on the voting breakdown for All-ACC teams:

First team

Vernon Carey, Duke, 367
Jordan Nwora, Louisville, 359
John Mooney, Notre Dame, 351
Tre Jones, Duke, 348
Elijah Hughes, Syracuse, 305

I don't understand how Jones win ACC POY and DPOY yet finishes 4th in All-ACC first team voting.
Because of all the All-ACC votes Carey got. But because Duke didn't nominate Carey for POY, voters couldn't vote for him for that award and he didn't take any votes from Jones.

This one hurts the most if he goes pro. He grew up with Duke posters on his wall and dreamed of bringing us a National Championship when he grew up only to have a cruel loss in the E8 but came back and improved and now to not even have a chance to redeem himself through no fault of his own like I said in another thread no guarantees but it sure hurts like hell not to find out what would have happened. I guess some things just aren't meant to be but at least he basically sealed the deal to get Tyus here. This will leave a black cloud over my head in some ways like Zion leaving did. Life just isn't fair. :sob:

Perhaps this raises the odds of him coming back. I haven't kept track of his draft status lately, but if he's still projected at the end of the 1st then I guess it's a moot point.

3rd team All-American. ACC POY, ACC DPOY. He made huge improvements from his freshman year. His shooting took a significant leap, his usage went way up, and he was really the glue to this team. Without him we would've likely missed the NCAA Tournament. In hindsight, I love the development he had and he makes me miss players staying and developing even more. He really had a great season and despite some frustrating fastbreak pull-up threes with no one under the basket, he helped make this season enjoyable and not a complete disaster. We should be thankful he returned to Duke as a sophomore which prevented a UNC like season. Good luck in the NBA Tre, I hope you find a role which lead you to multiple contracts.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom