Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tre Jones

Much like how his brother Tyus was for the Duke title team in 2014, I think Jones is the catalyst to what could be a great team. Jones understands the point guard position and how to run a team. He has tremendous vision and passing ability, but he's a two-way player that locks up on defense. I think the No. 8 player in the 247Sports Composite will have a massive impact at Duke next season.

Probably the best overall player next season on a team that will have the top 3 overall draft picks and potentially another lottery pick.

I agree with the writer's point about Tre's importance - he will be the engine driving the bus next year.

He's going to be awesome.

I wonder if Duke could get lucky and actually have a couple guys return.

Tre 6'3 so
AOC 6'5 jr
Baker 6'8 fr
EJ 6'11 so
DeL 6'10 sr

That would actually be a pretty old team for K. Really good outside shooting team. Who the hell knows about the defense. 2.4% chance of it happening.

Official stats from that Peach Jam quarterfinal:

Number 9 overall Tre Jones: 30 points, 11-22 (1-3 from 3), 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 turnovers.

Number 12 overall Darius Garland: 9 points, 2-7 (1-5 from 3), 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 5 turnovers.

@AxeS24, can you put together whatever shooting data for Tre, RJ, and Zion throughout HS, AAU, etc. like you did in the Reddish thread.

I ran across a guy on Twitter a couple days ago who had the stats from the past 2 years but hasn't updated them with FIBA or 2017-18 high school stats.

Reddish is clearly the sniper of the group. His stats before this summer/Fall/winter explosion we've seen were 50/27/81 (2pt/3pt/FT) But as we know, he has improved from 3 tremendously. His form is beautiful.

The Barrett sample was only 9 games: 48/31/61. His 3 and FT keep improving, and this was as a 15/16 year old in AAU. Who knows what he does next year at Duke. He's still so young (almost a year younger than Reddish)

Tre sample was 42 games. 54/23/70. I suspect his FT and 3 will keep improving. He went 10-10 a few days ago at the FT line.

Zion sample was 33 games. 68/22/66.

I wish I had complete statistics for this year's high school season, but I can't find them anywhere.

Last edited:
So collectively they’ll shoot 68% FTs? Sounds right for Duke.

Still young and improving, and those are old stats! We'll be better as a team than this year. All 4 current commits are better than Duval and Bagley at the FT line.

Made free throw: check
Made 3-pointer: check
Full-court assist: check
Steal and layup for 2,000th point: check

Tre Stones.

I have zero doubts that Tre is going to be awesome for us.

If I could make any changes to Duke's rosters for this year and next, I would somehow get Tre on this team and Wendell on next year's (though I want both of them on both).

I have zero doubts that Tre is going to be awesome for us.

If I could make any changes to Duke's rosters for this year and next, I would somehow get Tre on this team and Wendell on next year's (though I want both of them on both).

Agreed. I was looking at Tyus' stats recently and they were better than I remembered. I knew he was good (I watched every game but wasn't quite up to the minute on stats back then), but to do what he did as a freshman- he was an absolute freak. An assist machine who rarely turns it over and nails his FT and 3s at 18 years old.

I wonder how much playing with a senior Quinn Cook helped Tyus. Of course, Tre has Tyus to lean on for knowledge and has for some time. Maybe that is why Tre's game really took off last year? At one point it was a question of whether he was good enough for Duke. We were flirting with Garland, Dotson, Quinerly, and Grimes. Now he's the best incoming point in the country who's considered a better defender than big bro!

Axe I thought you cited Tre as 23% from 3 and only 70% from the line?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom