Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2015-16 Discussion Thread

If Berry leaves they're going to the NIT, or even worse. That will be one of the worst back courts of any major conference team.

I'm expecting Jackson, Hicks, and Berry all back with Meeks gone. Would leave the frontcourt in some trouble with Luke Maye playing 15-20 mpg. If they all leave could you imagine how bad this team would be

PG: Britt/Woods
SG: Pinson
SF: Robinson
PF: Maye
C: Bradley

Good lord that even is worse than 8-20. Might as well just impose a post season ban at this point.

Where is Meeks going? To eat Sean May? KMTTESMTTEM?

uncy12 said:
I'm expecting Jackson, Hicks, and Berry all back with Meeks gone. Would leave the frontcourt in some trouble with Luke Maye playing 15-20 mpg. If they all leave could you imagine how bad this team would be

PG: Britt/Woods
SG: Pinson
SF: Robinson
PF: Maye
C: Bradley

Good lord that even is worse than 8-20. Might as well just impose a post season ban at this point.

If that were to happen, UNC should definitely self impose the ban just to get it over with. That team would be awful. Not sure it would win 8 games.

This is fun.

1594849.jpg

The main take aways from this on IC are that Capel is a stay at home dad and Forte works at Subway.

This is the realistic dream, in the event of a postseason ban with everyone allowed to decommit/transfer without penalty:

Bradley and Woods decommit.
Berry, Hicks, Jackson, Meeks enter draft.
Pinson transfers.
No 5th year transfers incoming because no one wants their last season of basketball to have no chance of postseason play.

PG Stilman White (SR) / Kanler Coker (SR formerly walk-on)
SG Nate Britt (SR) / Coker
SF Kenny Williams (SO) / Coker
PF Brandon Robinson (FR) / Shea Rush (FR formerly walk-on)
C Luke Maye (SO) / Rush

The following season, before adding more commits:

PG Jalek Felton (FR)
SG Kenny Williams (JR)
SF Brandon Robinson (SO)
PF Luke Maye (JR)
C none

What's a realistic timeline for any kind of punishment being handed out? I assume it won't come before the deadline to enter the NBA draft meaning Jackson, Meeks, Hicks, and Berry will all be back. If it comes out before August and there's a two year postseason ban will 4-year players Seventh Woods, Brandon Robinson, and Tony Bradley really care enough to leave?

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
DurhamSon said:

I feel like Jackson is the only one that actually has a chance to impress in workouts.

I think Berry and Jackson can impress. Meeks has no chance, and I think Hicks is ruined outside of Roy's system now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like Meeks' decision should not even be tied to the NBA's view of him. Putting aside whatever rumors there may be on his academics, I think he's the kind of guy that has might as well start his pro career in Europe, especially if he has knee issues that could impact his longevity. I don't think he has much to gain from another year.

I think coming back makes the most sense for Berry and Hicks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom