Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2016-17

Start the same lineup as last night, give Grayson a few minutes early to find out if by some miracle he has his shot. If he doesn't, sit him the rest of the game. If there's any chance he'll be healthy by the postseason, there's no reason to hinder his progress by playing too many minutes in a game we're going to lose by double-digits anyway.

TS9 said:
Start the same lineup as last night, give Grayson a few minutes early to find out if by some miracle he has his shot. If he doesn't, sit him the rest of the game. If there's any chance he'll be healthy by the postseason, there's no reason to hinder his progress by playing too many minutes in a game we're going to lose by double-digits anyway.

You have no verve.

They will soon cut down the nets as the 2017 National Champions.

A buzzer-beater away from going back to back.

It's time to stop looking to the NBA for the perfect team to emulate in terms of personnel type, schemes, etc.

The answer was before us all along.

I can't buy into the idea of UCLA, with their #95 defense, winning a title.

The annual turn on this board to all-out reverse jinxing UNC began a little later this season. I look forward to it each year.

I think we all took that NIT year and penciled in UNC to be adversely affected by the fallout for the following decade. However, they somehow consistently put themselves in position to challenge for the championship. Roy laughs at all of you haters.

Since the NIT year they've been real contenders 3/7 years including this one.

2012- destined for a matchup with UK until Marshall got hurt
2016- almost

The other years they really weren't all that good. 2013 they were an 8 seed, 2014 a 6 and 2015 a 4. Basically performed to their seed. True that in 2011 they were a 2 seed and it wasn't a good field, but they were luck monsters all year (15 Kenpom) and got to the E8 by beating double digit seeds.

Lunardi just said this team is "locked in" to a one seed.

They haven't beaten a ranked team away from chapel hill all year, have they? I feel like there's a fucking conspiracy at work

I haven't understood the "locked in" sentiment. There's only 1 or 2 teams that have been on the "one seed bubble" the past three weeks?

It's too bad, a couple more losses and they would have been a sure thing for the #1 overall.

Just need these guys to lose one more game, just one, and we don't have to worry about them for the next several seasons.

Cross your fingers for them getting the #1 in the South and UK as their #2. Would give UK the de facto home court advantage in the E8

They'll be among the favorites for the national title next season as well.

Berry sr
Felton fr, Williams jr
Pinson sr, Woods so
Knox fr, Maye jr
Bradley so

There won't be more than 1-2 teams better than that.

With how badly Justin Jackson has been shooting the 3 and playing in general, he could be forced to come back. Coincidentally, Grayson Allen's revival and Frank Jackson's arrival should push them to the draft. Kennard is already gone, IMO.

From the first Duke game onward:

Berry (36) / Felton (4)
Felton (32) / Woods (8)
Jackson (20) / Pinson (20)
Knox (24) / Jackson (16)
Bradley (28) / Knox (12)

That's an overwhelming choice for preseason #1 and should be something like 5-1 to win the title to open the season. Landing Knox is the key. He can swing a national title.

I thought we needed UK to save us from a UNC title, but I might have changed my mind on that. Sure, UCLA's defense sucks, but it would be nice if the Heels had to beat two great 3-pt shooting teams in a row (UCLA, KU) to make the championship game. Hopefully one of those two teams could have a hot night and win a no defense affair. UNC would probably kill either of them (or Oregon) on the boards though.

I was looking at Butler's kenpom page and hopelessly trying to convince myself they could beat UNC. It was only on 2.2 attempts per game, but Tyler Lewis shot 60% from 2 this season. Somehow this 5'11" 170 lb ginger who doesn't generate steals is getting open layups.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom