Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

Not only is the West region by far the easiest, but if Virginia doesn't come out of the South (high chance they do not), UNC should roll through their Final Four opponent as well.

I’ve been telling anyone who would listen that they were going to flame out early.

Yeah, they lost 10 games in a not-that-great year for the ACC. There was no reason to think they would do anything except for extreme pessimism (which is exactly why I picked them to win it all).

They looked average in every game outside of when they played us. I had Michigan beating them next round.

Yeah I can't remember if I made the post here or the other board, that I wasn't going to overreact to the ACCT matchup in either direction. For some weird reason they were just a bad matchup for us this season, but were still a distinctly flawed team.

Even with them being a bad matchup, it's shocking how easily they beat us.

Was it that easy though? We lost by a combined 8 points. We actually outscored them in the three games combined.

They led by double digits in 3 games, yet only the first one was easy.

I would argue that if you lose by a possession or two it wasn't that easy. Even if it was for 90% of the game, you still had a chance to lose at the end.

Yeah, they lost 10 games in a not-that-great year for the ACC. There was no reason to think they would do anything except for extreme pessimism (which is exactly why I picked them to win it all).

To be fair, as of this morning they were the highest ranked Kenpom team on the entire left side of the bracket other than Cincy. I know they had a lot of losses, but the predictive metrics were on their side. They're also typically good at ensuring a high floor due to constant shot volume advantage. Somehow they only rebounded 17% of their misses today against the #120 d-rebounding team. I only saw the first four minutes of their game (where they looked very good), so i have no idea how this happened.

Just to be clear, i’m totally full of shit Had already resigned myself to them going back to back.

At least we dont have to listen to dumbass kenny smith compare berry to laettner anymore.

To be fair, as of this morning they were the highest ranked Kenpom team on the entire left side of the bracket other than Cincy. I know they had a lot of losses, but the predictive metrics were on their side. They're also typically good at ensuring a high floor due to constant shot volume advantage. Somehow they only rebounded 17% of their misses today against the #120 d-rebounding team. I only saw the first four minutes of their game (where they looked very good), so i have no idea how this happened.
I am not sure either. A&M looked like the best defensive rebounding team in the country today.

UNC played like shit, but I doubt A&M put on a better performance all year or will again for years to come.

I swear I heard a pane go over my house and I could only think it must be the one taking uNC back home to RDU

They'll still be solid. We all know Roy will get Cam to come back with lies.

Woods 6'2 jr
Williams 6'5 sr
Little 6'7 fr
Cam 6'8 sr
Maye 6'8 sr
Bench
White 6'5 fr
Black 6'7 fr
Brooks 6'9 so
Manley 6'11 so

That's probably pretty similar to this years team. 10-12 losses and a second round exit. Now if Cam leaves then they could be pretty bad. Maye slides to the 4 and Brooks to the 5. More traditional Roy lineup but Woods sucks. He sucks so much that I could see Roy start White over him. But without Cam, that might be a 14-15 loss team. We all know he won't though. Him, Williams and Maye will all be 16-18ppg scorer and field a competitive team.

Not nearly as good as this year's team. That team probably falls in 6-8 seed line. They have no playmakers. Berry and Pinson were able to drive, create and open things up for others. They don't really have anyone capable of that next year. Kenny Williams and Cam Johnson will both be less effective next season since they just can't be spot up shooters- and if they are just that, then it becomes much easier to defend since they don't playmakers around them.

I think if that team maxes out and they get good development from the freshman bigs, they can get into the 4 seed range. There is no reason to believe Brooks and Manley won't take big steps forward next year.

There line-up is probably this (assuming Johnson leaves):

Woods-Williams-Little-Maye-Manley. Bench: White, Brooks, Robinson, Platek

I don't think anyone should for a second believe Roy will have Nas Little and Coby White playing to their maximum abilities as freshman next year. I think both will be good, but I think they will be held back a little bit from completely being able to ball out. I think it's entirely likely that neither one even logs 30mpg, especially Coby White. I can see a scenario where White gets the Jaren Jackson treatment at MSU and gets like 22 mpg.

A safe bet is that Nas Little goes one and done without being a dominant one and done, and Coby White returns for his sophomore season where he will probably be really fucking good.

I should also add that this post isn't meant necessarily as a criticism, it's just that Roy and UNC do things differently than K and Duke and Cal and UK when it comes to freshman.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom