Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2021-2022

How far will this team go?

• National Champions/Final Four

• Elite Eight/Sweet Sixteen

• 2nd Round/1st Round

• NIT or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.
That would be a mass fucking exodus, wow. I doubt all those players leave but it definitely sounds like there's major issues within the UNC program.
Theres major issues but this transfer portal changes everything. I can’t really blame some of the guys for being mad. Certain players are allowed to do whatever they want like Brooks not playing hard, Leaky black being a terrible player and still getting minutes over clearly better players. Roy and his aw shucks routine has gotten old. Maybe not all these players leave but I’ve never seen IC and Sherill put stuff like this out there. This team underachieved compared it to its talent, figured there’s something wrong

With the right guy for recruiting disgruntled transfers, like that guy from Last Chance U, someone could build a national title favorite from scratch next season, with no freshmen. It would be like a bizarro Fab Five, an angry, more talented, less Mormon BYU roster.

I do not believe Roy is that guy or UNC is that program but I’m interested to see who attempts this. If I were Marquette, for example, I’d see if Dwyane Wade would be interested in coaching for one year, as a bucket list thing for him. UNLV could pull this off with any young coach who sells 22-23 year olds on the location before they go off into the real world. If one team were to collect 8 of the top 20 transfers, I think they would clearly be the best team.

Holy shit, the exodus is real.

The pertinent questions remaining are:
1) Is this going to be so embarrassing and destabilizing, that Roy surprise retires, creating a coaching vacuum filled by?
2) Would Roy even be willing to retire with the program in such bad shape potentially?
3) Do they finish 13th, 14th, or 15th next season?

“They showed a bunch of film of Luke Maye and said, 'This is literally how we are going to use you,'” Kessler said when he committed to UNC in September of 2019. “They said I was a bigger Luke Maye, 'this is how we want to use you.' Being a big that can shoot and stretch the floor was really appealing.”

Kessler did not showcase that perimeter game during his freshman season. Most of his made baskets (58% FG) were from close range -- he attempted four three-pointers on the season -- and he struggled from the free throw line (54%).

BLAST THIS SHIT OUT TO EVERY RECRUIT.

gAozkfD.png

Oh shit, this guy is a pretty heavy hitter over there with deep connections to the program, if I recall correctly. Sounds like the spectacle has just begun.

In order, would prefer the following people leave: Bacot, Sharpe, R.J. Davis. I assume Sharpe is gone.

I assume Walton has no reason to leave. I'm not sure I care about Love because they would replace him with someone better I assume.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom