Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2021-2022

How far will this team go?

• National Champions/Final Four

• Elite Eight/Sweet Sixteen

• 2nd Round/1st Round

• NIT or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me, UL was a juggernaut and we were fucked the second we had them in our region.
Totally. But that to me makes it seem like we were closer to the title than if we lost to a team that lost to another team that lost to another team.

It would have been a truly massive blow and significantly reduced my desire to invest in CBB, unless Scheyer won it all within the next few years. Them going all the way as an 8 seed while handing K two losses including in the Final Four would’ve been the bitterest of pills to swallow.

Now I truly think we just need to win the race to the next title, and it’ll be almost entirely wiped away.

My reaction to all of this is different than you guys. I don't think them not winning the title takes away much of the sting of Saturday night. I also don't think it will stop them from using it as a talking point for years to come. They're already doing it. "Our championship was Saturday night."

Likewise, had they won the title, I would have felt that almost validated our loss to them. As it is, we can't say "well, no one was beating them."

Isnt that embarrassing that a semifinal game is their championship for one of the best three programs in the history of the sport?
Maybe. But we still have to hear their bullshit no matter how stupid it is. Had we beaten them they wouldn't have anything to say. Now they can still say they ended K's career twice.

Fair point from a sheer volume of commentary standpoint, but it is patently absurd that after pulling the biggest choke job in the history of the title game, the "well, we beat Coach K twice," tripe is bring trotted out as a legitimate badge of honor for these insecure, preening cockwaffles.

They also had one of the great defensive coaches of all time. We have a coach groomed under Coach K's school of pick and roll defense.

unc-almost-banner-1.jpg

Too aggressive putting next to the Bakery award. I might tuck in slightly ahead of the 2011 'Final Five' banner.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom