Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2021-2022

How far will this team go?

• National Champions/Final Four

• Elite Eight/Sweet Sixteen

• 2nd Round/1st Round

• NIT or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

love it. I really think the Duke-UNC rivalry is going to get really hostile moving forward with K and Roy gone. This year alone we had UNC not honoring K at the Dean Dome, Carrawell not shaking hands with Davis, Nolan Smith and UNC assistant almost coming to blows in the FinalFour, and UNC tweeting “farewell” after the win. Never seen this much public hatred in the rivalry since I’ve been following as a fan.

It was roughly like this until K became an image freak. It was definitely hostile in the late 80's-90's.

1961 had that infamous brawl.

I could stand to see more open hostility (from us) and stop pretending we like each other.

That idiot on CBS Sports Network Gary Parrish was basically dancing in the streets and said this unc season will be remembered for ending The Greatest Coach Evers career. That and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee, baldy. Jon Rothstein countered with "You lost two one possession games in the Final in the last six years and you never know when you'll get back no matter who the coach is."

I think Love has to go because he will get good NBA feedback after that tournament run. I can Bacot coming back because he really isn’t a fit in the NBA, but he also might say fuck it and just want to start making money if UNC can’t put together a NIL package for him.

My reaction to all of this is different than you guys. I don't think them not winning the title takes away much of the sting of Saturday night. I also don't think it will stop them from using it as a talking point for years to come. They're already doing it. "Our championship was Saturday night."

Likewise, had they won the title, I would have felt that almost validated our loss to them. As it is, we can't say "well, no one was beating them."

If it had to happen, I'm glad it happened when K was on his way out. His legacy is set no matter what.

It happening to Scheyer, or a subsequent Duke coach would probably have been too tough to overcome.

If hypothetically Jon Scheyer wins a few titles over the next ten years, I'll be glad because I'll know K built something that will last beyond him. TBH it was always going to come down to post-K Duke, not K-era Duke.

If UNC fans are still bringing it up then, I won't care.

My reaction to all of this is different than you guys. I don't think them not winning the title takes away much of the sting of Saturday night. I also don't think it will stop them from using it as a talking point for years to come. They're already doing it. "Our championship was Saturday night."

Likewise, had they won the title, I would have felt that almost validated our loss to them. As it is, we can't say "well, no one was beating them."
That’s why it’s tough to be Duke. Duke is everyone’s championship. The fact that UNC fans are outright saying that is kind of funny to me though.

I wanted Duke to win, but the championship would’ve been way more important than getting there was. Championship appearance isn’t even much more meaningful than a final four based on stats people regularly mention.

Also, I know you’re aware of this, but these are single elimination games. Even if duke was definitively better (I think duke was even with unc being a bad matchup, and that Kansas would’ve been a much better matchup for duke) shooting variance can help the worse team win. It happens all the time in 40 minute single elimination. Only mentioning that because I personally don’t need validation for dukes play on Saturday. They played well, unc played slightly better by making tougher shots.

They showed a graphic with unc having six titles. They are really counting that 1920's Helmes Country Club one game "tourney"?!

Also unc is tied for most championship game losses now with six. Hang that beside the Iron 5 banner.

Isnt that embarrassing that a semifinal game is their championship for one of the best three programs in the history of the sport?

My brain doesn't work like that. The 2013 Louisville loss means "If we could have just won that Elite Eight game, we might have won it all!" rather "No one was beating them."

Isnt that embarrassing that a semifinal game is their championship for one of the best three programs in the history of the sport?
Maybe. But we still have to hear their bullshit no matter how stupid it is. Had we beaten them they wouldn't have anything to say. Now they can still say they ended K's career twice.

My brain doesn't work like that. The 2013 Louisville loss means "If we could have just won that Elite Eight game, we might have won it all!" rather "No one was beating them."
To me, UL was a juggernaut and we were fucked the second we had them in our region.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom