Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2024-2025

How will UNC finish?

• National Champions

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Final Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite 8/Sweet 16

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • NCAA Tournament first weekend

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • NIT or other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m going to keep banging this drum—with the pay for play model now fully accepted by everyone, what is the justification for the four year limit on eligibility? How is that legal? You are telling the RJ Davises of the world that after 4 years (or 5 or 6 or whatever it is for him), he has to leave his job and accept a less attractive, lower paying job if one is available. Made sense when they weren’t making any money, but now?

Today, the federal government straight up banned noncompete agreements. A company can’t enter into a contract with an employee that bans the employee from competing with the company for x number of years. I’m not sure they can actually do that, and there will be exceptions, and it has nothing to do with college sports, but it’s a useful window into current thinking on worker’s rights (especially the kind of skilled workers that have to deal with noncompetes).

In this environment, how does the 4-year rule survive? There are some schools that would gladly run a pro system with 10-12 year veterans, and UNC is one of them.

I’m going to keep banging this drum—with the pay for play model now fully accepted by everyone, what is the justification for the four year limit on eligibility? How is that legal? You are telling the RJ Davises of the world that after 4 years (or 5 or 6 or whatever it is for him), he has to leave his job and accept a less attractive, lower paying job if one is available. Made sense when they weren’t making any money, but now?

Today, the federal government straight up banned noncompete agreements. A company can’t enter into a contract with an employee that bans the employee from competing with the company for x number of years. I’m not sure they can actually do that, and there will be exceptions, and it has nothing to do with college sports, but it’s a useful window into current thinking on worker’s rights (especially the kind of skilled workers that have to deal with noncompetes).

In this environment, how does the 4-year rule survive? There are some schools that would gladly run a pro system with 10-12 year veterans, and UNC is one of them.

261392_full.jpg

My intuition is that Tyson will be closer to Pete Nance than Ingram. But who knows, I thought nothing of Ingram and Ryan when they committed.

Everyone says Ingram is in fact gone.

Tyson has very good overall numbers but when you look at what he’s done against top 100 opponents it’s pretty pedestrian. Combined with ass defense.

Harrison Ingram was an all-around great player for UNC this season. He averaged 12ppg on 38.5% from 3. At 6'7 he guarded multiple positions at a high level, averaged 2 assists, and incredibly averaged 9 rebounds per game.

UNC won't be able to bring in anyone to replace Ingram 1-1. But they are bringing in an excellent shooter (if nothing else) in Tyson who has 2 years of eligibility, and 2 top 10 recruits are coming in at that position. Ian Jackson and Drake Powell are both about 6'6.

Last edited:
My intuition is that Tyson will be closer to Pete Nance than Ingram. But who knows, I thought nothing of Ingram and Ryan when they committed.

Disagree. Tyson has a proven super skill- shooting. Even if he can't do much else, Hubert has proven he can use these guys properly. Tyson in his career (2 seasons at Belmont) is 85.7% FT shooter, and 44.6% from 3. He's lethal.

The key to this transfer is that he has 2 years remaining. He can come off the bench next season as a sharpshooter while developing into a starter for his senior season. Hubert will find ways to get this guy shots- UNC's offense has modernized heavily since he replaced Roy.

Everyone says Ingram is in fact gone.

Tyson has very good overall numbers but when you look at what he’s done against top 100 opponents it’s pretty pedestrian. Combined with ass defense.

Harrison Ingram was an all-around great player for UNC this season. He averaged 12ppg on 38.5% from 3. At 6'7 he guarded multiple positions at a high level, averaged 2 assists, and incredibly averaged 9 rebounds per game.

UNC won't be able to bring in anyone to replace Ingram 1-1. But they are bringing in an excellent shooter (if nothing else) in Tyson who has 2 years of eligibility, and 2 top 10 recruits are coming in at that position. Ian Jackson and Drake Powell are both about 6'6.

Yeah i mean the problem would be that they won’t be able to combine the skill sets of all those players into one person to replace Ingram.

If they are replacing last year’s version of Ingram and Ryan (who btw finished the season very strong and got his rating over 110 with plus defense), with some combo of Tyson, a freshman who is kind of a chucker and Adou Thiero, that’s a good trade for us.

Bacot is also gonna be really hard to replace on both ends. Them striking gold with a Holmes or Kalkbrenner would be something of concern, I think.

The current UNC roster is probably a top 20 team nothing too scary though. I think Thiero and Aidoo/Omuruyi would definitely make them a top 5-top 10 team but a bit way off. Thiero is currently testing the draft process and Aidoo/Omuruyi are bag chasing it seems but havent been offered the desired number

That's good news that Aidoo chose not to go to UNC. We will see where Cliff lands, but he's probably the last big that can come in and help them on a large scale unless I'm missing someone.

A front-court of Withers, Washington and Brown (fr) is the weakest at UNC in my life-time on paper.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom