Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2024-2025

How will UNC finish?

• National Champions

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Final Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite 8/Sweet 16

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • NCAA Tournament first weekend

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • NIT or other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Im not trying to stir it up. I still think its 70/30 he stays in draft but apparently hes torn on his decision. Nba combine will be big for him. He hasnt been receiving the feed back of late 1st early 2nd from teams that the mock drafts are projecting

It would be classic unc for someone of Ingram's draft stock to come back. That's happened for Duke, what, a couple times maybe?

Did Hubert pay off 30 teams? I mean, this is a 6'7" - 6'8" dude who shot well from three and is a good defender. The idea that that's not worth the 25th pick, or even the 35th, in this draft is laughable.

If Ingram's not a first rounder in this draft, I can't imagine he'll ever be one. I think if you're even a borderline 1st in this draft, you should go because you're probably not getting picked until the late 2nd round, if it all, in a normal year.

UNC can still be a good team with it’s current roster but the ceiling is top 15-top 20. That front court sucks ass

Eh I was kinda hoping UNC got this guy- they'll probably fall ass backwards into someone better. Maybe Hawkins although supposedly he wants to play the 4.

I think UNC’s arrogance is why they keep losing these. I keep hearing UNCs NIL is amongst the best from IC admins/mods but The attitude around Chapel Hill seems to be “dont engage in bidding wars, we want people who want to be here” Thats nice and all but these dudes dont give a shit. They want their market value and be prepared to overpay for a position of need

I think UNC’s arrogance is why they keep losing these. I keep hearing UNCs NIL is amongst the best from IC admins/mods but The attitude around Chapel Hill seems to be “dont engage in bidding wars, we want people who want to be here” Thats nice and all but these dudes dont give a shit. They want their market value and be prepared to overpay for a position of need
Same with our staff but still you've gotten like three transfers better than anyone we've brought in

Davis (old)/Trimble(jr)
Cadeau(so)/Jackson(fr)
Powell(fr)/Tyson(jr)
Tyson(jr)/Withers(old)
Washington(jr)/Brown(fr)

Old guys or five stars at every position, Hubie's done it again. 6 man rotation by February in which Trimble, Withers, and Brown never get real minutes except maybe some mop up duty. Jersey in the rafters for RJ

Ya there’s no way a guy like that is getting $2M for a single season at Bama lol

I gotta say it's pretty annoying talking to Brendan Marks when he's like "This insane roster turnover is the norm now, get used to it" while not mentioning that it doesn't happen for UNC.

I get that they had seven guys depart in 2022, but it was no one they didn't want to leave. And it was after one of the most disappointing seasons -- relative to expectations -- in college basketball history. Of course you're going to lose a lot of players there. Meanwhile, they had a season comparable to ours and Davis, Cadeau, Withers, and Washington are all back. Washington played 8 fucking minutes a game. That's the same as Stewart last year. And it seems like even if UNC adds a big, Washington isn't leaving.

Trimble returning to play a greatly reduced role is wild. I know people will say there wasn't any interest in him in the portal, but someone would have given him 30 mpg. It's not like Blakes is a competent offensive player, and he's out the door for us.

I gotta believe the fact a five star recruit like Bacot played five years a UNC, produced numbers, but couldn't get a sniff of the NBA is a factor here. Basically everyone is aware of the fact that what UNC asks their bigs to do are not the things the NBA is looking for, and so if they go there they will be coached to do things that the NBA is not interested in and will basically kill any NBA chance they might still have.

Last edited:
Same with our staff but still you've gotten like three transfers better than anyone we've brought in
True but you look at the 1-3 on that team of Cadeau, Trimble, Powell, Jackson, RJ, Tyson. That has to be amongst the best 1-3 UNC has had. To not be a legitimate threat because you couldnt land a starting quality 4 or 5 is a major fail by Hubert. Withers and Washington just arent starter quality. Washingtons knees are shot, he cant defend and is way too thin

Should've waited to pick my unc prediction. They might not have a 5 for next season now.

That has to be amongst the best 1-3 UNC has had.
Lol what? No that's not even close to true. Just in the last 15 years: Lawson/Ellington/Green, Marshall/Bullock/Barnes, Paige/Berry/Jackson, I would take the top end talent in Coby White and Cam Johnson over that too. Of that list only Davis has shown he's a high end player, and the defensive looks Davis will see will be radically different since there will be no more post doubles against Bacot, the roll man will be much less respected in the PnR, and Tyson will be the *only* other proven shooter on the court to draw a hard closeout, unlike last year with Ingram and Cormac.

Maybe one or more of Jackson or Powell will be studs from day one... but it's funny seeing the contrast when half this board has written off similarly ranked Evans and Kon as unplayable in a real contending rotation

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom