Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Vernon Carey, Jr.

2nd team All-American. Congrats. I really enjoyed him this season and I hope he does great things in the NBA. Considering our recruiting outlook for the next 2 years, we should expect that Vernon Carey will be the last dominant low post freshman Duke has for a few years. I'm going to miss him a lot. Good luck Big Hoss.

Wish he had gotten to show what type of NCAA tournament player he could be. Doubt we'll ever know as I fully expect him to go pro. Would be thrilled if he stayed.

I'm surprised he hasn't been able to make an immediate impact in the actual NBA. I tend to forget just how dominant he was for us, and was younger than most freshmen too, IIRC. I get that he's a large person and thus must be useless, but no reason he can't eventually be an all-star at the center position.

And as Klahn was implying there, it's not like Charlotte has some dominant center. I mean, his competition apart from Biyombo is Cody Zeller. Zeller is a solid player but nothing special.

I wonder if Okafor had never existed where Carey would have been drafted. I said pre-draft, and I'll stand by it, that Carey can do way more of what the NBA wants. Yet, the Sam Vecenies of the world had Okafor top 5 while having Carey in the late 2nd. Opinions were just way too entrenched in both cases.

I mean, Biyombo and Zeller is a bottom 5 center rotation in the NBA. Seems like he should be able to get minutes.

This is all irrelevant once they trade for Aldridge or Vucevic in a couple weeks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom