Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

Hey, if she keeps her mouth shut and says nothing I'm almost certain she avoids controversy

While I don't doubt at all that there probably was some consternation within the Carter family about Bagley, at this point, the preponderance of evidence strongly suggests that Mrs. Carter's public statements on pretty much anything should not be taken too seriously. She seems to me to be easily led by interviewers, plus she seems to have a desire, either conscious or subconscious, to troll.

"Why are you trying to tear us down" lmao, after his dickhead of a mom has bashed Duke and K for weeks. Hate her and he's quickly becoming one of my least liked players ever. Definitely not on the level of McRoberts and guys like that. Hope Bagley has 3x the career as Carter at this point.

Surprisingly decent piece.

Well, let’s examine first how Carter performed in the four games Bagley missed last February with an injury. Without Bagley on the floor to consume his customary 13 shots, Carter went from 8.6 field goal attempts per game to 10.8.

Two shots? Was Bagley really cramping Carter’s style so much? In the sans-Bagley games, Carter shot .442 from the field and averaged 16.3 points and 2.8 turnovers, compared to a .580 percent, 13.2 points and 1.9 turnovers when he had Bagley nearby.

It seems Bagley might have contributed to Carter being a better college player.

Even more on point is this: Carter was ranked the consensus No. 7 player in the 2017 recruiting class, with 6-11 Mitchell Robinson directly behind him at No. 8. Robinson initially signed to attend Western Kentucky, then decided late he would pass on college altogether and instead training privately for the NBA Draft.

Again, Carter rode his single season as a Duke Blue Devil to the No. 7 overall pick in the 2018 draft.

Robinson was chosen No. 36 overall by the Knicks.

Nitpicking, those four games without Bagley were at GT (#61 adj def eff), vs VT (70), at Clemson (7), vs Louisville (39), so they were significantly tougher defenses than the aggregate rest of the season.

But yeah, the Carters have sunk to some unique, bizarre, totally unlikable place to all people, liberal or conservative or whatever - racial minorities who are about to be wealthy and who are publicly going after a rich/white-associated university, while invoking slavery, despite the university helping them immensely to get where they are now.

Last edited:
I can't muster any rage about the Carter family. This is exactly why OAD sucks. I have no emotional ties to any of the OAD players, and the coaches and Universities are caught between a rock and a hard place. The whole system is fucking awful, and everyone knows it. It a couple of years, we can go back to rooting for college kids again, and long for the days of lobs and windmill dunks.

This is the shit that comes with OADs. K knows it. Gotta take what can come with it if that’s the space you want to play in

I was wrong to compare her to Lavar Ball. She is way more interesting at trolling.

Bash K once, shame on you. Bash K twice, shame on me. Bash K 3 times, won't get fooled again.

Fuck her. Carter is about a 2/10 for how likely I am to really follow his career like I do every other Duke guy.

Bash K once, shame on you. Bash K twice, shame on me. Bash K 3 times, won't get fooled again.

Fuck her. Carter is about a 2/10 for how likely I am to really follow his career like I do every other Duke guy.
Does not compute - can you please make a list of the duke alumni whose careers you follow?

Im going to be smug as fuck if Wendell does end up being the better pro after all the shit Duke fans gave me for saying he was better than Bagley

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom