Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What does your username mean?

Uncle Drew

Role Player
We had one of these over on TDD awhile back but I have a bad memory and we may have some others here.

Originally I was Thaingram (pronounced Tha Ingram) which was a nickname from college. Then in a late night chat I found out that everyone thought I was asian (I am not) and that my name was thought to be pronounced Thain Gram. That made me laugh, we all joked and then I changed it to Thain for short since that is how people addressed me anyway.

I feel like a jackass responding... See, there's this classic video game called Duke Nukem... which is cool because it also has the name Duke in it. The "05" part is a reference to the year I graduated from Duke.

I hope none of you needed that explanation.

I've been writing seriously since I was 16. Back then I thought the Beats were really cool. For those of you who don't know, the Beats are the group of writers from the 50s which includes Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, William S. Burroughs. So all my friends and I came up with uber-cool fictional alter egos that we used every time we wrote about each other. Mine was "Rome." In retrospect it's pretty dumb, and also I don't even like the Beats at this point. But my email addresses use it as a prefix, so it's easy to remember.

The "*8180" part is my birthdate.

Bfactor is the one on the left:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's not very creative - name is P'Antone Williams, born in Feb 1987. Off the top of my head, I know rhfarmer is a farmer in Southern Utah (website), DDshog has always kind of vaguely said his comes from an unfortunate childhood nickname, and DurhamSon is a local orphan we took in. Not sure about the rest.

Shog means "to shit when you jog". That's why he's so excited about the Tough Mudder. Also, true story: "How's your grandma?" was actually the student section chanting "Who's your grandma?" at DurhamSon. Just awful.

My name is a combination of a couple of things. The "Jo" is for Joshua Ezekial, my biblical birth name. The "ha" is because I like to laugh and am generally considered quite the knee-slap machine! The "ad" is because I work in advertising. "DBC" is a reference to three places that I lived, Dallas, Boston, and Charlotte respectively.

bfactor said:
Shog means "to shit when you jog". That's why he's so excited about the Tough Mudder. Also, true story: "How's your grandma?" was actually the student section chanting "Who's your grandma?" at DurhamSon. Just awful.

Yeah, we had some serious bf with the crazies after that. One of our members works for Grantland (NCCU), and we had him tweet out a video of it, but people kind of misheard it, I guess.

My name is Zack. M is my favorite letter of the alphabet.

Tophim was cool to have around before you ran her off.

Am I still an orphan if my parents just dropped me off at JohnTDD's doorstep when I was three?

But seriously my username is just my first and last name spelled backwards. Mahrud Nos. It's ethnic.

Pantone287 said:
Mine's not very creative - name is P'Antone Williams, born in Feb 1987. Off the top of my head, I know rhfarmer is a farmer in Southern Utah (website), DDshog has always kind of vaguely said his comes from an unfortunate childhood nickname, and DurhamSon is a local orphan we took in. Not sure about the rest.

You guys can all thank me for steering Jabari to Duke.

On TDD, I'm aiw1175. It has to do with my job. Anal Instrument Wielder and a colonoscopy costs $1175.

DurhamSon said:
But seriously my username is just my first and last name spelled backwards. Mahrud Nos. It's ethnic.

I would rather picture you as an orphan. :mrgreen:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom