Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who are you?

ChibCU said:
Also, I'm starting up a non-profit foundation to provide financial assistance to the families of children undergoing cancer treatment.
There are few things I actually hate. Cancer is one of them.

Vinny DiGerolamo: kid formed a special friendship with my dad shortly after my mom succumbed to pancreatic cancer. My dad also passed from cancer last year, and we passed along one of his eye patches to Vinny, who loved playing pirate. Vinny's family has established a foundation doing exactly what you're doing. I'm in full support. Godspeed.

Chib, I do some outfitting for First Descents, which provides free outdoor activities for adults living with cancer. If you want to come down here the first two weeks in June and hang around, let me know. My surf school will be providing lessons for them them all.

NOD said:
aiw said:
Duke grad
Married, 3 kids 6,4,2
Dreaming of the day a few years from now when NOD needs his colonoscopy
Seats in Section 10
Mets fan (Braves fans shouldn't hate Mets fans, they should pity them)
Unlike physics, I love cities (and running water)

Dude, I had Hirschsprung's.

The video will be more of a documentary short that a feature film.
Really? What do you have left?

rhfarmer said:
Chib, I do some outfitting for First Descents, which provides free outdoor activities for adults living with cancer. If you want to come down here the first two weeks in June and hang around, let me know. My surf school will be providing lessons for them them all.

You know that guy, right?

JohaadDBC said:
DON'T YOU HURT HIM, AIW!

I wish I knew how to quit you.

This is a picture of Johaad IRL:

640.jpg

NOD said:
aiw said:
Duke grad
Married, 3 kids 6,4,2
Seats in Section 10

The video will be more of a documentary short that a feature film.

My brother had Hirschsprung's.
/butenoughaboutme

My name is Roberto, moved to the states 13 years ago, graduated from Duke, 26 years old. Had never heard of Duke basketball until I worked for Duke athletics my four years there in various capacities. Now I'm in Georgia finishing up my third year of law school and thankfully am already employed to start in September.

Hobbies include: dicking around on the internet, video games, golf, tennis, going to live sporting events.
Follow the Braves during the season, but mostly occupied with college sports. Like UGA football, LOVE Duke football. Probably one of the few Duke fans in the world that would trade a good basketball season for a great football season, although I think we will soon be getting both at the same time.

And Chib is definitely NOT 6'8. LIAR.

He wasn't purposely lying. Just typed the wrong number. He's actually 3'8.

aiw said:
NOD said:
aiw said:
Duke grad
Married, 3 kids 6,4,2
Seats in Section 10

The video will be more of a documentary short than a feature film.
Really? What do you have left?

Honestly?

No idea. I was 18 months old when I had the ever-well-named Soave pull-through.

Hi all:

I am about to turn 37, I live and work about an hour outside of Toronto. Married with 1 child and a dog. I am employed in the environmental field.

Big music fan and I enjoy going to see live music when I can. Music taste is all over the map, but faves include late 80s to mid 90s rap music, 70s funk, old garage rock and indie rock. I also enjoy fishing and travelling. I have never lived in the USA, but enjoy yearly (at minimum) visits. A goal is a road trip to see CBB games throughout the triangle.

I have been a Duke fan since 1991 (yes - I did jump on the bandwagon, but I'll never jump off). Favorite duke player is Trajan Langdon, although I will be say that Grant Hill is the best Duke player. Favorite Duke team was 1992 because they were just so good, but I would also list the 2010, 1994 and 1999 versions in the conversation. I have watched the Blue Devils in person only a few times: 2009 preseason NIT, 2010 @ Miami and 2011 @ MSG vs. Washington.

Favorite pro teams include Blue Jays, Celtics, Winnipeg Jets & the New York Giants.

ChibCU said:
Recent graduate of the high prestigious (jk) Campbell University. I love science and hate cancer. Working in a Duke research lab studying inflammatory bowel disease and cancer. Living in Raleigh and after 4 years in Buies Creek this place seems like Heaven. Hopefully I'll end up with a PhD and research at an academic university before the age of 35. Also, I'm starting up a non-profit foundation to provide financial assistance to the families of children undergoing cancer treatment.

I like sports, except for baseball and non-international soccer. The only sport I play post-highschool/college is ultimate frisbee. I'm 6'8.

Chib - if you have the time, check this website:

http://www.terryfox.org/

The Terry Fox story is a great one and people like him motivate me. The 30 for 30 was wonderful. Almost impossible for me not to tear up when watching videos about his story.

Runs are going to be one of our strategies to raise support and funding. We are going to have a Tough Mudder team in November and hopefully we will host a 5k before then.

Triathlons also seem to be a big thing. My church actually organizes and hosts one here that is part of the Set-Up circuit in the region. 1 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 2½ mile run through the woods. We raise thousands from it every year, and people come from all over to participate. People aren't territorial about triathlons, either, so if you're able to find a spot on the schedule for it, it won't be hard to get word of mouth around, and I would be more than happy to help you with that - many of the competitors at ours are returning ones, and a high number from around the Triangle and Triad.

Thank you so much dkst, I'll send you a PM later on today. By the way, a friend from college just posted on facebook a link to the caring bridge site because he has a niece who was diagnosed with cancer.

Absolutely. Anything to help in any effort against the little bitch that is cancer.

OK, now I'm intrigued.

Who's StephenDaniel??

DON'T BE A FUCKING SPAMMER

oops, I mean

WELCOME!!

NOD said:
OK, now I'm intrigued.

Who's StephenDaniel??

DON'T BE A FUCKING SPAMMER

oops, I mean

WELCOME!!

My roommate. His Rivals premium account ran out so I'm trying to get him involved over here.

Yet another Zach here. Born in Lexington, KY in 1978, moved to Durham in 1983. Media studies major at UNCG. Met my wife in Raleigh, moved to Wilmington in 2005, had Little Rouge in 2009. Started my own web design and marketing (SEO, social networking) company at the beginning of 2012. Doing alright with that so far.

I don't follow much in the way of sports outside of Duke basketball and football (to a lesser degree, but only because I like basketball more than I like football). I'm a nerd. I like comic book stuff, strategy board games, reading, photography.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom