Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Winston-Salem State at Duke

Thornton had 4 fouls in 14 minutes. I don't know if he could've even handled 20 minutes if Curry were injured.

ChibCU said:
Curry is the worst at finding the big men down low.

I absolutely agree, I wonder if his size has anything to do with it, some players are just not good at feeding the post.

This team is just chock full of consistency...

Could uh, could Murphy be a bust?

I see him on the bench for at least the next two seasons...

36-12 is pretty much the perfect half for an exhibition game, IMO. We know we're going to score and that we're not generally going to only hit one jump shot all game, although I'd much rather live by defense and shots at the rim than by threes anyway. K said they've only worked on defense since the last game, which could explain leaving so many points on the board (plus it was a slow-paced game). Altogether very encouraging, IMO.

Amile was fantastic defending their guards. He easily looked like our best on-ball perimeter defender tonight, which was unexpected. They've managed to hide him on offense thus far when he's effectively playing wing, but I wonder how that will work when teams scout him and realize they don't have to guard him on the perimeter. I thought everyone else looked solid, shooting aside, especially Curry.

A few complainypants comments:

-I wish our guards, especially Quinn, would actually use screens. No excuse for leaving enough room for the defender to slip by, but we did it all night.

-I wish our bigs were better outlet passers. The finishers on this team run the floor extremely well, but are rarely rewarded.

-We need to box out much better. We clearly miss Miles on the defensive glass, but our bigger, longer perimeter isn't helping out as much as I'd hoped thus far.

I still think Murphy will be better than Amile this year.

Seth Curry said it was the first time he's played 5 on 5 in about a month

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
6'5" Bazemore with over twice as many rebounds as 6'11" top 20 recruit Ryan Kelly?

Mason put that on the guards and "3s" in the post-game. Said even if you aren't going to rebound, know where your man is. Also said we've been going up to much with 1 hand. 18 OR for WWU and 19 for WSSU tonight

Yeah, Murphy still obviously has major talent. I have a feeling he'll look a little better when we're not playing these short, quick teams. Really needs the game to slow down for him a little bit on offense - he's got zero confidence with the ball right now.

Mason was 7-7 FG, 5-9 FT, 19 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 0 turnovers, 1 foul.

Mason said he's not a selfish guy, so when he's calling for it, and he's 7-7 (or 9-9), give it to him. It will only get them all better shots.

I loved the lineup of 5'11 Cook, 6'8" Murphy, 6'8" Jefferson, 6'11" Kelly, 6' 11" Plumlee

aiw said:
Mason was 7-7 FG, 5-9 FT, 19 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 0 turnovers, 1 foul.

Mason said he's not a selfish guy, so when he's calling for it, and he's 7-7 (or 9-9), give it to him. It will only get them all better shots.

these quotes are awesome, he's really taking leadership of this team

Pantone287 said:
Yeah, Murphy still obviously has major talent. I have a feeling he'll look a little better when we're not playing these short, quick teams. Really needs the game to slow down for him a little bit on offense - he's got zero confidence with the ball right now.

He's really good on the break, but it doesn't sound like there was much fast breaking tonight.

I haven't yet watched the replay. Not sure I even want to after reading the score.

Crowd was terrible, but that's what happens when there are 3,000 empty seats

rome8180 said:
Pantone287 said:

He's really good on the break, but it doesn't sound like there was much fast breaking tonight.

I haven't yet watched the replay. Not sure I even want to after reading the score.

he had one nice breakaway dunk, but on two other breaks he lost the ball/didn't convert. His outside shot is busted, it's so weird because the mechanics look fine, but he just misses really badly

Apparently the team only worked on defense since the last game, may also help explain the offensive woes

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom