Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2016-17

alg6ps.jpg

Strong pitch. It only took three years for him to perform up to his ranking. Much better more appealing than being Jabari Parker, Justise Winslow, Brandon Ingram, or Jayson Tatum.

Subject line: "You too can go in the late 1st/early 2nd of the NBA draft after three seasons, top 10 recruit Kevin Knox."

I went after him on this tweet and he got all kinds of butthurt.

I didn't watch their game last night but saw that UVA was 0-14 from 3 at one point. That said, yeah, UNC is pretty good right now. Up to 6 on Kenpom. They could certainly make a run to the title; they feel like they're about as good as they were last year but this year's competition may be better overall.

That game probably seals a UNC-Duke pairing in Greenville, hooray, unless Duke can successfully tank its way out of a top-4 seed (or at least a position below Virginia's on the S-curve).

Duke's final four run probably will require winning 2 games in front of UNC fans in Greenville, then 2 games in front of Kansas fans in Kansas City. Then we will need to beat Arizona in Glendale.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I didn't watch their game last night but saw that UVA was 0-14 from 3 at one point. That said, yeah, UNC is pretty good right now. Up to 6 on Kenpom. They could certainly make a run to the title; they feel like they're about as good as they were last year but this year's competition may be better overall.

I find a team's road performance to be largely irrelevant to how it will perform in a neutral court setting in March, but UNC has not been very good in True Road Games this year. 5-4 and the wins are against Hawaii (KP #264), Clemson (in OT), Wake (by 6), Boston College (by 8) and NCSU (lol). So basically no team that is comfortably in the NCAAT field, and three that comfortably are not. If that was Duke's road resume there would surely be folks talking about it.

I'm on the Gonzaga train like I was on the Villanova train last year. Gonzaga is the only team I can look at numbers and talent for and be confident that they're better than UNC. They will need to be the team that beats UNC.

Northwestern will make an incredible run as a 12 seed. Duke fans will be torn between rooting for Collins and knowing that UNC will destroy him in the title game.

rome8180 said:
Northwestern will make an incredible run as a 12 seed. Duke fans will be torn between rooting for Collins and knowing that UNC will destroy him in the title game.

Would you rather have NW beat UNC in the 2nd round or have Duke play UNC in the final 4 (ie - you don't know the outcome when you chose...)?

The former. I never want Duke to play UNC in the Final Four, but especially not this year. If we do play in the Final Four, I want it to be us as a juggernaut 1 seed and them as a 10 seed who happened to benefit from a bunch of upsets and luck.

Also, in the first scenario there is no potential downside, while in the second the downside is that UNC has a trump card over us forever.

With two titles fairly recently, I don't care as much about Duke winning another one as in the dark days (2002-2009). If you offered me either (i) a neutral Cinderella like St. Mary's 100% winning (which also means UNC/Kentucky/UConn/all other hated teams have 0% chance) or (ii) Duke having its chances boosted to around 30% instead of the true 10% or whatever, I would probably take the former option.

So UNC will have played only 3 of the top 9 teams in the conference, the NCAA qualifiers, on the road, and lost by 15, 8 and 10. No Ville, no FSU, no ND - so they have the tie-breaker over current 2,3 and 4 - and no Cuse or VT. We will have played all 8 of them, going 2-6 or maybe 3-5. We played the 1, 2, 6 and 10 teams twice, they got the 5, 7, 12 and 14.

That is absolute bullshit.

deeyoukayeee said:
So UNC will have played only 3 of the top 9 teams in the conference, the NCAA qualifiers, on the road, and lost by 15, 8 and 10. No Ville, no FSU, no ND - so they have the tie-breaker over current 2,3 and 4 - and no Cuse or VT. We will have played all 8 of them, going 2-6 or maybe 3-5. We played the 1, 2, 6 and 10 teams twice, they got the 5, 7, 12 and 14.

That is absolute ****.

That is why the ACC Champion is the Tournament Champion. There is no "Regular Season" Champion other than a 15" trophy, a sense of team pride of accomplishment, and seeding for the tourney. There is no true round robin home and away anymore. So how do you determine a champion? The Tournament is the way it's done. It's the only recognized Champion by the ACC. I get mad every single time they say ACC Regular Season Champs when there isn't one.

Probably only bothers you because duke hasn't done it since 2010.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom