Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Zion Williamson

This is the first post-Axe recruit decision, and we're going to lose him. Not a coincidence.

I am not overly optimistic, but Reddish said he is only recruiting Zion, and Zion was on ESPNU yesterday saying the most important pitch to him from his future head coach was how he'd use him outside of basketball/brand building/etc. This was said to be Coach K's pitch a while back, so I have a sliver of hope. I don't see how Brad Brownell or Frank Martin would make that pitch. It is also my opinion that Zion could get exposed a bit if he doesn't play with elite talent. Much more confident in him if he's playing with RJ, Cam, and Tre.

This is the first post-Axe recruit decision, and we're going to lose him. Not a coincidence.

I am not overly optimistic, but Reddish said he is only recruiting Zion, and Zion was on ESPNU yesterday saying the most important pitch to him from his future head coach was how he'd use him outside of basketball/brand building/etc. This was said to be Coach K's pitch a while back, so I have a sliver of hope. I don't see how Brad Brownell or Frank Martin would make that pitch. It is also my opinion that Zion could get exposed a bit if he doesn't play with elite talent. Much more confident in him if he's playing with RJ, Cam, and Tre.
_hHDKJ.gif

For those who've seen more than just his highlights, how good is Zion? Is he just fat and athletic or can he actually play?

He’s not just fatletic. He has a good handle and driving and finishing ability for a 4. I would assume he can’t shoot at all since his highlight films never show him shooting. His defensive abilities are dependent on which school he chooses. At Duke’s I would assume he would be a lousy defender like all of his teammates.

He’s not just fatletic. He has a good handle and driving and finishing ability for a 4. I would assume he can’t shoot at all since his highlight films never show him shooting. His defensive abilities are dependent on which school he chooses. At Duke’s I would assume he would be a lousy defender like all of his teammates.

I watched the first quarter of a recent game of his on ESPN because I left the remote on the other couch and had no way of changing the channel, but he did make one 3 out of the few he attempted.

He is listed as 6'6 272. I'm saying his comp is Barkley.

Would we want Barkley at Duke for a year?

Ya.

Based on this 5+ minute video from earlier this week (which is all anyone needs in order to make definitive conclusions), Williamson:
plays on a team with an 8 year old white boy in the back court
sucks at free throws
might eventually be able to make 3s
is very skilled in the post
has decent handles
is quite light on his feet for a fat man

I believe term is "fatletic." It's a rare combo, limited to Zion, Jabari Parker, Draymond Green, and Shaq at certain points.

If he joins Duke next year we will be fapletic....

(...sorry, could not resist, still too juvinile...)

Zion is a bigger, better version of Semi. The more tape I see of him the more I think he's going to severely disappoint in college. I think Barrett and Cam are clearly the top 2 players in this class.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom