Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Also, John Lewis funeral with Obama giving eulogy is today.

Damn. He's actually going there. I'll be honest, as left leaning as I am, I always thought the concerns about him attempting to delay/cancel the election were pretty far fetched...but here we are.

IIRC Elections are pretty much run at the state level, there's really very little he could do even if he had institutional support from law enforcement on this.

It would pretty much take the coordination of a bunch of state legislatures, governors, secretaries of states. "Realistically", he'd have to arrange with at least a dozen of them a coordinated effort to send present-voting or abstaining delegates to the electoral college, which would be rife with administrative challenges and legal red tape, and just hope to keep any candidate from getting to 270, at which point it goes to the House of Reps where he could win with the vote of states. Essentially a coup-d'etat accomplished with the most generous description being a legal gray area.

Considering this admin has had trouble doing their paperwork on the most basic of tasks, I don't see that as possible.

The presidential election date is not a state-by-state issue, I think -- it was set by federal law passed in the mid-1800s.

They're playing with fire here, his own base is quite obviously much more susceptible to misinformation and fearmongering. They'll only end up suppressing their own turnout and energizing the other side if this keeps up, IMO.

Damn. He's actually going there. I'll be honest, as left leaning as I am, I always thought the concerns about him attempting to delay/cancel the election were pretty far fetched...but here we are.

I'm assuming this is in reference to his tweet this morning.

It's not actually dangerous because he can't act on it, it's an empty threat. I think the root of this is he is just talking shit, but I can't determine if it's a result of him intentionally trolling or because he thinks he has power that he actually doesn't have.

edit: I'm pretty sure this is just Trump using his traditional tactics of saying outrageous shit to draw attention to something. By claiming he might delay the election, which he can't do, he's bringing increased attention to the mail-in ballots, which he clearly doesn't want.

I moved on from thinking of anything stupid Trump does as a strategic "tactic" long ago, and I'm surprised anyone with a brain would still entertain that idea. Consider that a compliment, as my view is that about 40% of Americans do not have brains, including the current President and a good portion of Congress.

I moved on from thinking of anything stupid Trump does as a strategic "tactic" long ago, and I'm surprised anyone with a brain would still entertain that idea. Consider that a compliment, as my view is that about 40% of Americans do not have brains, including the current President and a good portion of Congress.

He actually does it though. It's a pattern in his behavior that he's been doing since his 2016 campaign where he says rather outrageous things for attention. He actually confirmed my theory in a tweet he posted roughly 3 hours I made that post:

Are these really tactics when they hurt his own cause? If I shit in my own mouth because I am hungry, is this considered a tactic to stave off hunger?

It's still a tactic. Whether they're effective or not is irrelevant. There's a pretty clear playbook of him doing this for the last 4-5 years on Twitter.

I agree that shitting in my own mouth can technically be considered a “tactic” under dictionary definitions. I just disagree that we should be referring to it as a tactic with any semblance of intelligence behind it.

In your use of language, yes, I can see how Trump can be called a tactical mastermind.

Are these really tactics when they hurt his own cause? If I shit in my own mouth because I am hungry, is this considered a tactic to stave off hunger?

It's still a tactic. Whether they're effective or not is irrelevant. There's a pretty clear playbook of him doing this for the last 4-5 years on Twitter.
The lengths people (you) will go to to defend his insanity and stupidity is truly remarkable. He's a loser. Why die on this hill?

If I were a conservative I'd be pushing him out the door as fast I could so the party could move on to something less embarrassing.

The lengths people (you) will go to to defend his insanity and stupidity is truly remarkable. He's a loser. Why die on this hill?

I'm not defending him.

I'm not defending him.
Uhhh...right.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom