Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Something in the back of my brain doesn't even associate this program with the Calhoun teams of yesteryear, it's like a completely different thing. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much

I'm surprised people don't hate Hurley. Every time he's off screen I tell myself I don't really care much that UConn's going to win. Every time he's on screen I want him institutionalized, never to be seen or heard from again.
He's completely psychotic. He was nearly getting T'd up like three minutes into their game vs. Alabama. He might be the whiniest coach out there right now. And in his press conferences, he's incredibly smug. Gives me major "Steve Kerr at the peak of Warriors dynasty" vibes. He's backed it up with his team being miles better than the competition, but he was talking that way before they'd won shit.

This is the most impressive two year run in the tournament since Wooden. Though CBB was obviously much tougher in the early 90s when K went back to back

Duke never had a chance during the COVID old guy era. But that was self-inflicted. They simply didn’t partake, like a weird anachronistic curiosity.

There was no program in the country that tried to win in Duke’s way these past few seasons. It was an interesting experiment but Duke really needs to take all their collective intelligence and come up with more optimal strategies.

Never thought we be talking about admissions standards again, but here we are

Duke is never going to be a transfer mercenary program with a multi-million NIL budget. Admissions just isn’t going to go down that road. Anyone hoping for that is kidding themselves, we have no choice but to keep trying to win it being led by the can’t miss NBA star caliber freshman

12 straight tournament wins by 13+ points is fucking insane. Larranaga kept it the closest of anyone in the FF last year

And if the SEC super conference results in an arms race closer to ten million NIL budgets as the regular state of affairs, I assume the trustees are aligned with letting us become what peak Duke Football is

Hurley not even happy, just relieved looking. He probably knew he was going to win after the first two TV timeouts

DurhamSon said:
Duke is never going to be a transfer mercenary program with a multi-million NIL budget. Admissions just isn’t going to go down that road. Anyone hoping for that is kidding themselves, we have no choice but to keep trying to win it being led by the can’t miss NBA star caliber freshman
We very easily could’ve won it all in 2019 and/or 2022, even with a well past his prime K, had things broken a little differently. We either keep loading up on studs, or hope for one Final Four every decade or so, and maybe a title every 20. The guys on the 2010 team wouldn’t be 3-4 year players anymore

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom