Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] FSU / at NC State / at Pitt / Wake / at Miami

I guess the difference between whether you think believe is merely a 50th ranked defense versus a ~100th ranked defense is whether you think the high volume of threes going in against us on >50% levels is a scheme issue or mostly just bad luck.

Watching them bank in multiple 3s causes me to lean towards luck.
Then again, they had tons of wide open looks.

I can't recall a box score where we took 83 shots. Our offensive margin for error is ridiculous. Two of our players alone outrebounded FSU.

I thought they had open looks the 1st half, but the 2nd half was just horseshit. They were canning multiple 24+ footers.

I wussed out and didn’t put any of my fake money down. Of course I was also toying with betting FSU money line, so so whatever.

My stream went out after Duke went on that 12-0 run early in the 2nd half. Is the rest of the game worth watching whenever the replay shows up on YouTube?

Watch the last 5 minutes and you'll be delighted. Don't watch anything else, other than whatever highlight video turns up.

We can take away some optimism about the defense due to the rim protection. Allowing 16-37 2pt (43%) against FSU is about as good as any defense can do. FSU was shooting 57% from 2 coming in, albeit against terrible defenses. They probably end up making around 52% from 2 at the end of the season. 54% last season, but that was abnormally high for them, historically.

Still very low turnover rate and killed by 3s. FT rate allowed was fine. There has to be a way to balance very good rim protection this season with great 3pt prevention from former seasons. Keep Bagley and Carter at home while extending the perimeter.

I wussed out and didn’t put any of my fake money down. Of course I was also toying with betting FSU money line, so so whatever.

My stream went out after Duke went on that 12-0 run early in the 2nd half. Is the rest of the game worth watching whenever the replay shows up on YouTube?

It's worth watching, especially if you want to have some reasons to not hate Duval.

FSU didn't score for the last 3:30 and the defense went from 69 to 84 lol.

I mean, who would ever think Duke would ever outrebound FSU ever with their blackletic giants let alone have 2 Duke guys have more rebounds than their entire team? What a weird Duke team.

One of the most amazing things was seeing Christ Koumadje (in a walking boot) standing next to 7' Ike Obiagu and make him look like a fucking midget.

Also, these Duke players don't listen to K's "no 3s, no fouls" maxim. Strange stuff going on.

I thought Alex [O’Connell] came in in the second half, and I should have used him a little more in the first half.

--K

Glad to see he's paying attention.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom