Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] South Dakota / St. Francis (PA) / at Boston College / Evansville

Arizona State at Kansas takes on even greater meaning, now that it has been all but confirmed that there is no one currently on the Duke coaching staff who can teach supremely talented players how to play great defense. Pray that Hurley can get his shit together on defense and become a viable answer down the road.

I don't like 12pm losses. Seems like the day should be over. Stuck in the house due to snow/ice and there are still 9 hours before I'll go to bed.

I am going to go see The Disaster Artist, get drunk, spend money online.

Biggest takeaway is that we need to not be turning people over. 17 TO and 22.4% TO rate. When we don't turn the other team over, we win.

Biggest takeaway is that we need to not be turning people over. 17 TO and 22.4% TO rate. When we don't turn the other team over, we win.

We created TOs then bricked 3s on the semi-break. We and K and the players have to understand, this team is constructed like a really good Hole team. Our 3FGA was out of control except for a hot Trent. Our 3FGA/total FGA is usually in the 300s. Bailey and Carter hardly touched the ball in the second half. When Allen and Duval were playing like garbage, O'Connell and Goldwire should have seen more minutes. Classic trap game in the snow up in Boston.

Get the freakin' ball inside. We took only 13 FTs. Poorly planned and executed game. Hopefully, it's a way-up call because we've nearly lost 2-3 previous games.

Roy would KILL with this team.

Missed the game because I slept in. Looks like we forced a bunch of turnovers and limited them from scoring inside, which seems good. Did the defense look truly awful or did we just get BS'd by their three-point shooting?

Evansville's two best players, Ryan Taylor and Dru Smith, are both out, I think. Taylor is a 6'6" RS Jr who is averaging over 20 a game and shooting 46.5% from 3 on 7 attempts per game. His %shot was an insane 38.7 when he went down. Smith is a Soph PG with a 128 ORtg, and he probably would have destroyed Duke. He's 12-20 from 3 and 27-39 from 2, and his FT rate is just under 60.

Evansville also had a third starter, Duane Gibson, out in the last game vs Midway (NAIA all girls school until fall of 2016), but I haven't found any info on his injury or if he's expected to play @ Duke. Per kenpom, Gibson is a RS Sr guard, and he's only attempted two (TWO!) 3s in his entire career, missing both. He's at 43% 2s and 60% FTs this season, 47% and 69% for his career. His ORtg is 78.7 (best season was soph year, 94.2). We want him to play. He will make at least four 3s vs Duke.

This team looks like it demands to be defended with constant ball pressure and denial of 3s. Get ready for the layup fest.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom