Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] South Dakota / St. Francis (PA) / at Boston College / Evansville

No Javin or Tucker (not that it matters much in his case) tonight.

OeiS7Za.png

lolol

Fun game, but I don't think the defense we played today would work against any good team. Press is not the answer. Our bigs aren't going to be quick enough to execute it well and Coach K isn't going to play the depth he did today against real teams.

At the game with @DukeNukem05 which was lovely.

Some hot takes.

Carter, obviously. If he is a threat from 3 pt range, the ceiling on this team gets way higher.
O'Connell is surprisingly athletic. His first step is quicker than Allen's and his release is quicker than Trent's.He also changes speeds well. He still has a lot of mistakes to play through, but he is going to be great.
Trent is not a OAD. He does lots of things well, and he's really disruptive on D in ways that don't show in the box score, but he needs way too much time to load up that jumper, and he still doesn't get to the rim as often as he should.
Just really impressed with Goldwire overall. He's going to be a really solid player for 4 years.

This was fun, but I'm afraid we come back to reality in our next game. Let's be real, Evansville wasn't exactly a basketball juggernaut to begin with and having to play without their three best players certainly didn't help.
Also, their coach has an eating disorder they need to deal with.

Fun game, but I don't think the defense we played today would work against any good team. Press is not the answer. Our bigs aren't going to be quick enough to execute it well and Coach K isn't going to play the depth he did today against real teams.

Yeah, there wasn't much to feel optimistic about in terms of the defensive coaching/scheme, especially considering the time they've had to work on things. '

On the other hand, we were clearly more engaged defensively than we often have shown, which I suppose is a promising sign for folks who believe effort is the foundation of good defense. Long-term, relying solely on effort to "fix" a flawed defensive philosophy seems like a dangerous gamble, but I have 100 percent confidence that is precisely K's answer.

Extra effort looks great when you're pressuring a bad offensive team that is also missing its entire starting backcourt.

At the game with @DukeNukem05 which was lovely.

Some hot takes.

Carter, obviously. If he is a threat from 3 pt range, the ceiling on this team gets way higher.
O'Connell is surprisingly athletic. His first step is quicker than Allen's and his release is quicker than Trent's.He also changes speeds well. He still has a lot of mistakes to play through, but he is going to be great.
Trent is not a OAD. He does lots of things well, and he's really disruptive on D in ways that don't show in the box score, but he needs way too much time to load up that jumper, and he still doesn't get to the rim as often as he should.
Just really impressed with Goldwire overall. He's going to be a really solid player for 4 years.

Was at the game with my wife and she kept saying, "That #14 is scrappy".

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom