Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Kentucky (at Indianapolis), Army, Eastern Michigan

I saw at least one Kansas fan posting that Duke wouldn't be able to do that against their team because Azubuike would just destroy Duke in the post.
I'm thinking he's probably right and Azubuike would probably have something like a 32 point & 15 rebound night, but the final score would still be something like 115-85, Duke.

I haven't been this bullish on a Duke team for so long that I don't even remember ever having this feeling.

Vegas must have made a killing on this game with all the late money being put on U.K.

I think that we may have to seriously consider that this team might answer the question - what would it be like if Tyus, Winslow, Ignram, and Tatum all got to play together?

Looked for some similar early season performances against good teams by the best teams in recent history.

2018 Villanova - Beat 10 Gonzaga by 16 on Dec 5 (neutral)
2015 Kentucky - Beat 12 Kansas by 32 on Nov 18 (neutral)
2012 Kentucky - Beat 4 Kansas by 10 on Nov 15 (neutral)
2011 Ohio State - Beat 14 Florida by 18 on Nov 16 (at Florida)

The closest comparison will be 2015 Kentucky and what they did to Kansas. That's the best team in Kenpom history, so good company. The only teams close to 2015 Kentucky were 2002 Duke and 2008 Kansas, neither of which had a similar win. Of course, only one of those three teams won the national title, and one of them didn't even make it out of the Sweet Sixteen. I would peg Duke's chances of winning a title, if they're as good as we think right now, at around that - 1 in 3.

The only positive I could reach for regarding Army is that they could be a pretty scary outside shooting team if they actually put four shooters on the floor together. They won't do that, because it doesn't seem like Army basketball coaching is the most progressive thing out there right now, but that would give them the best chance of doing anything noteworthy against Duke. Their starting backcourt shot 38% and 39% from 3 last season. They have a 6-8 guy who shot 47% from 3 on decent volume last season, but he's a backup for some reason. His other numbers look ok, so he probably should be getting more minutes. Overall, Army was #44 in 3pt% last season.

That's all there is to look forward to, IMO. Would like to see Army roll out 4-5 shooters at the same time so we get to see how Duke's defense reacts to that situation. Duke will win by 20+ regardless. Line should be anywhere from low 30s to high 30s - don't know how Vegas is going to react.

Stomping Kentucky in basketball and beating uNC in football within a week, does it get any better as a Duke fan?

Reactions: TBC
Army line went up to 40-40.5 overnight. Sagarin has this at 35 and Kenpom has this at 28. Humans think the computers way underrated Duke to start the season. Duke appears to be pegged as one of the most dominant teams of all time.

Title odds have moved to 3-1. That’s as good as it gets in the first week of the season.

Last edited:
I would be inclined to put a little money on Duke not covering, if Virginia Union and Ferris St. hadn't already happened.

I never bet on my teams, but I fake bet we don't cover today. I imagine we'll see a much deeper bench and K will be a pussy about finishing off Army.

Some sites have moved Duke to 2-1 to win the title. I don’t remember a team with these odds after one game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom