Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Maui Jim Maui Invitational

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Strong competition should be good for Duke’s development. Zion will get to eat dozens of roasted pigs.

Here’s the bracket:

2018-Maui-Jim-Maui-Invitational-Bracket-791x1024.jpg

These 5pm ET tip times for Duke during weekdays are bad.

Here’s the field in order of current Kenpom ranking:

2 Duke
6 Gonzaga
9 Auburn
25 Iowa State
65 San Diego State
66 Arizona
68 Xavier
78 Illinois

Yeah, those game times are weird, especially for the final. I guess ESPN figured Duke is no longer marketable without Grayson Allen.

I think they expect everyone to take Wednesday off, but most people do that to travel. The 5pm championship followed by two consolation games is inexplicable. Maybe it’s a mistake in that graphic.

This Feinstein story doesn't really give a straight answer, but seems to insinuate that ESPN didn't like that Chaminade games got poor ratings.

That story also says Chaminade's exhibition games this season against Maui participants SDSU and Arizona were supposed to be part of the "mainland" portion of the Maui Invitational, but I didn't find any evidence that was actually the case. Those games aren't listed anywhere (that I could find) on the Maui site, not even in the "opening games" and "regional games" categories that include teams like Evansville, Kentucky Wesleyan and Texas Southern.

When does Feinstein write a story of Virginia's history of choking?

If we come out of Maui with 3 straight double digit victories then I'll start to get excited about possibly running the table.

Assuming Duke & Auburn meet:

Okeke is an interesting matchup, likely for ZW - 6'8" strongman with perimeter shooting skills. Looks like they have about 6 competent 3 point shooters in the rotation, and decent size. They run 9 players deep.

Two key players on SDSU:

6-10 195 Jalen McDaniels had fantastic freshman numbers last season, after being a 100-150 ranked recruit. 126 rating, 19% usage, 11% oreb, 24% dreb, 13% turnover, 2.5% block, 52% ftrate, 62% 2pt, 80% ft, 4-18 3pt (22%). I would love for Duke to ever get a 3- or 4-star forward who performs like that right away. He’s 2-4 3pt this season, and given his 80% ft shooting last season, he’s probably going to be a threat from 3 eventually (or right now against Duke). Assuming he’s a 3- or 4-year player, this is basically the ideal kind of recruit after the Anthony Davis and Zion caliber OADs. They should use him at center whenever Duke goes small, and maybe full time. They shouldn’t have him guarding Zion.

6-1 183 Devin Watson is a 23yo 5th year senior who gets the most minutes by far. Problem for SDSU is that he’s not that great. He can make 3s and get to the line, though. 40% 3pt and 39% ftrate last season. Despite his 3pt%, which might have been fluky, not a reliable shooter in general - 42% from 2 and 75% from the line last season. He’ll play almost the entire game and have the ball a lot.

Why the fuck do we play at 4:30? Do they want people to watch these games?

Kenpom has Duke by 6 over Auburn. Sagarin 6.5. Sagarin also has Nebraska as the best team in the country. Not even going to look up why that might be. Vegas no line yet. Guessing it will be a bit higher.

Kenpom has Duke by 6 over Auburn. Sagarin 6.5. Sagarin also has Nebraska as the best team in the country. Not even going to look up why that might be. Vegas no line yet. Guessing it will be a bit higher.

Where can you see these 'matchup' stats? DO you have to pay for this?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom