Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2018 NCAA Tournament

Especially since the losses include getting run off the court by Nova, losing to the only team deemed ineligible and Webber's TO. That's just brutal.

Christ, I didn't realize Nova finished with a +18ppg margin. It's like they were already the best team going in, and elevated their game even higher. The one takeaway from this tournament better be Bilas not referring to 2009 UNC as the "last dominant team"

I think UNC may have had a slightly more dominant Final Four in 2009 than Villanova did. It might be equal in terms of dominance. UNC had a 17 point lead on Nova with 5 minutes left in the 09 Final Four.

UNC had a more dominant championship game than Villanova did, but Villanova had a more dominant semi-final game than UNC did. UNC had a 9 point lead at the half of the semifinals, and Nova had a 9 point lead at the half of the finals.

UNC was up by 21 points at the half of the title game, Villanova led by 15 at the half versus Kansas.

UNC played two of the least talented teams in recent FF history. Nova had a single player - Dante Cunningham - who went on to even play in the league, as a 4-5 year journeyman. MSU also had a single player who spent a single minute in the Association. Draymond Green. Who played 11 mpg and averaged 3 ppg as a frosh that year. UNC was no fucking super team. CBB had cleared out when everyone from KU, Memphis and UCLA went pro early and no one who was expected to from UNC did.

That 2009 UNC team was pretty fucking good. I can't buy the fact that they weren't a "super team." Lawson had maybe the single greatest season for an ACC guard outside Kyrie's 11 games. The ACC's all-time leading scorer wasn't even the best player on that team.

I say that while still acknowledging that Bilas is a UNC shill who can eat a bag of dicks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom