Game Thread [2019-20] #2 Duke vs Central Arkansas (2K Empire Classic)

Im going to go browse Kentucky forums. They talked more about us than themselves last season lol

Seems Duke is clearly the best team in the country. Axe right yet again. Disgusting that the fascist moderators ran the smartest D-F poster off the forum.

Our last 2 Duke teams were much, much better than this Duke team.

However, it's clear that CBB is way down this year, particularly offensively. IMO our defense will translate against better opponents and our offense, while not pretty, certainly has a chance to grow into something pretty good in comparison to the rest of CBB.

We're without question a top 4 team and have another legitimate shot at the Final Four.

Reactions: Si6hts
I'll believe all that when we beat someone besides Kansas. They played horribly and only some of that was our doing.

I'm not sure what else you want to see. College basketball is down this year. look at the results around the country and the stats being thrown up. Duke is as well positioned as anyone to make a run to the Final Four. UNC has one player taking 25 shots per game. Everyone is down.

I think a lot of us are looking at Duke and comparing us to a standard that doesn't exist in college basketball this year. When you compare us to the 'best' teams in CBB we're clearly right there, or if we're behind, the gap isn't significant enough for us to doubt our potential at being a Final Four contender.

Look at more than 3 games. You constantly jump from one extreme to the other.

I am comparing us to the rest of college basketball. I'm not clinging to my pre-season predictions of this team when it's clear that what I thought about this team pre-season are irrelevant because college basketball this year is not even close to what it's been the last few years.

You don't need to watch more than 3 Duke games to realize the rest of college basketball is down. The level of the playing field as dropped. Duke is in the mix for a Final Four and like every year it will be dependent on multiple things come tournament time, but we clearly have a shot at it unlike 2016 for example.

3 any games, chs. The season is a week old. You may be right, but you can't tell just now.

You said in chat we're guaranteed low lower than a 3 seed if we win the MSG thing next week, but when we lose at VT you'll freak out we might miss the tourney all together, then when we beat BC, we'll be guaranteed a 1 seed.

Reactions: rome8180
3 any games, chs. The season is a week old. You may be right, but you can't tell just now.

You said in chat we're guaranteed low lower than a 3 seed if we win the MSG thing next week, but when we lose at VT you'll freak out we might miss the tourney all together, then when we beat BC, we'll be guaranteed a 1 seed.

What I said in the chat was that it's important for Jones to play next week (this was when he hit his head) because if we beat California and Texas/Georgetown next week that even if we were disappointing for the remainder of the season, we would likely be no lower than a 3 seed, at a bare minimum.

If we lose at VT I'll be upset, but won't freak out that we might miss the NCAA Tournament. You're exaggerating to make a point.

I'll believe all that when we beat someone besides Kansas. They played horribly and only some of that was our doing.

I'm not sure what else you want to see. College basketball is down this year. look at the results around the country and the stats being thrown up. Duke is as well positioned as anyone to make a run to the Final Four. UNC has one player taking 25 shots per game. Everyone is down.

I think a lot of us are looking at Duke and comparing us to a standard that doesn't exist in college basketball this year. When you compare us to the 'best' teams in CBB we're clearly right there, or if we're behind, the gap isn't significant enough for us to doubt our potential at being a Final Four contender.
You don't always have to have a take. All we're asking is that you watch more than 3 games before making sweeping statements about Duke or college basketball as a whole.

Reactions: rome8180

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil