Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 ACC Tournament

TyusStones5

All American

All discussion about the ACCT here, anyone planning on going? Maybe we can meet up and drown our sorrows together.

I don’t consider myself a K lover, but I’m fully on board with what he did with Zion. Maybe could’ve gone without the “day to day” pronouncement 2 weeks early. Otherwise, Duke was probably falling to the 2 line with a half-assed Zion for 1-2 extra games anyway, so might as well buy him more time to get full-assed and then prove it was all worth it by winning the ACCT, forcing the Selection Committee to mostly ignore the non-Zion games.

This is a backhanded compliment, as it’s obvious that Zion is everything to this team, and K’s gameday coaching is irrelevant compared with any average college coach. Plus they absolutely need to win all these games with Zion for the payoff now.

If it’s anyone but UVA in the final, Duke probably needs to win it to prove the non-Zion games should be 100% disregarded, but I get why the premise of this statement is laughable.

I hope they would take the Zion injury into account. Otherwise they're looking at a team that's gone .500 over the past six games and trying to decided between that team and a very hot UNC team with a pretty comparable resume.

To be honest, despite losing, I'm fine with tonight's performance. Barrett had 3 fouls at half, Bolden got injured and was out, and it was a 5 point game with 2 minutes left. They fought their asses the entire game.

On top of that, I prefer playing Syracuse on Thursday to Louisville. Obviously the 2-3 can be tricky to navigate, but, Louisville plays the packline and is physical, and should have beaten us in the first game. Syracuse we seem to do alright against for the most part. The loss at Cameron is pretty irrelevant without Tre Jones and Cam Reddish- and we beat them without Zion.

This thing is pretty much a must win IMO. Make the committee ignore the Zion-less games and put Duke #1 in the East

Sweet. I have Friday off this week, and my kids will be asleep long before actual tip-off. Second half and OT of the first Syracuse game is the only loss I’ve seen live this season, so this should be a new experience for me.

Of course we get the late game on Thurs. Sets us up perfectly for the unc rematch...

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom