Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 ACC Tournament

Also, wiki only has Duke and UNC playing twice in the 59 and 77 seasons. They list no Duke home game in 59* and the third UNC win of 1977 was in December - so part of the 78 season.

*sports-reference has it. Per that site, UNC indeed swept Duke 3-0 in 1959. I’m devastated.

I want to play UNC Friday. And I think we're gonna murder them. We've lost both games to UNC by a combined 25 points - I just can't get myself to believe that Zion wouldn't have won us both those games. That's all . GTHC

Fun stats from Kenpom: in 2 years, the ACC has gone from the #2 conference in offensive efficiency to #22. At the same time, 3-point shooting has dropped from 37.2% to 33.2%, despite the 2019 ACC having three very good outside shooting teams. The ACC managed to be in the top 10 in 3PA/FGA and in the bottom 10 in 3-point percentage this year.

Per wiki, the third game in 1937 was the Southern Conference Tournament. Also per wiki, looks like Duke swept 3-0 in 1988.

It’s been a while since any team has done, and it was before most of us were alive since UNC has done it.
Farmer was in graduate school.
I actually remember that UNC team well. The next year was when Duke signed Kenny Dennard and Gene Banks who helped take Duke to the finals against UK. It was Dennard and Banks who made me a Duke fan for life.

So K has never lost to unc 3 times in a season. Guess that's kinda comforting with Zion coming back. Still don't fully trust him changing tactics enough to beat unc, but history seems to be on our side.

Who do they possibly have that can attempt to guard Zion?
No one. Doesn't mean they won't attempt to flop as much as possible anytime Zion gets the ball around the paint or when he attempts to drive. I also (irrationally) fear roy will have a scheme/double-team planned to limit Zion's impact as much as possible, forcing the rest of the Duke team to beat them. Probably good news though, since a 4v3 matchup on offense should favor us (granted we don't miss wide open shot after wide open shot).

Learned from his mentor to only give a shit about March.

Back when his mentor only gave a shit about March.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom