Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 4 Arkansas (NCAA Tournament E8)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We won pretty comfortably, but I can't be the only one who hated the defensive game plan. Why was Mark so far out? He did a good job with it, but it seemed completely unnecessary against this team.

Yes, I know Jaylin Williams was standing out by the 3pt line most of the game. But I would have been perfectly okay with a 25% 3pt shooter taking a few more attempts.

The zone killed their Williams. He would get the ball at the FT line and have no idea what to do. Seemed scared.
Yeah, I’m not recalling anytime recently in which a team look so unprepared to handle a zone.

Great article

eta: scroll past the stupid article to get to the great one by Norlander
The stupid article by Parrish reads like a fifth grader's essay. Seriously, I found an essay saved on a USB stick a few months by my younger brother about how texting is bad and kids should be restricted from their phones in order to be more present with people. It was appropriately juvenile for elementary school, yet somehow leagues better than this paid article on "What would be the most hilarious way for Coach K to lose in the final four?"

Great article

The stupid article by Parrish reads like a fifth grader's essay. Seriously, I found an essay saved on a USB stick a few months by my younger brother about how texting is bad and kids should be restricted from their phones in order to be more present with people. It was appropriately juvenile for elementary school, yet somehow leagues better than this paid article on "What would be the most hilarious way for Coach K to lose in the final four?"
I know @rome8180 swears by the Parrish podcast but he seems to be the first to churn out this barstool level content whenever Duke achieves some success

We made 4 threes last night. And it wasn't really that close in the second half. What a well-executed offensive performance.

Great article

I know @rome8180 swears by the Parrish podcast but he seems to be the first to churn out this barstool level content whenever Duke achieves some success
Dude, he's great. Norlander is the hater on that pod.

I'll be damned... watching MM Bracket Breakdown on CBSSN, and Musselman pretty much played the ref card, albeit with some subtlety...

He was talking about the end of the half having a significant impact on the momentum of the game.

Then he said:

"But having said that... Duke... I mean we took 3 free throws in the first half... that's like a post-up team never getting a post-up, or a three-point shooting team never attempting a three... (pause)... when we got to the line, we didn't miss... (pause)... that's our... that's our game... we're one of the best in the country at that.. and I didn't think we settled at all tonight... so they did a great job I guess on... verticality"

What a bitch.

That wasn't even the worst part of the ref blame. One of his players said something like "against a program like Duke, you can't expect to draw a lot of fouls." Then all three players and Musselman start laughing.

If your team philosophy is drawing fouls, then you suck
Yes! That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Your entire philosophy is to fly into the lane and depend on refs bailing you out? You don’t actually plan to make basekts? I guess that’s what you do when no one on your team can shoot.

Also, maybe do some scouting. You weren’t playing the mega-fouling Duke of 2014.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom