Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 7 MSU (NCAA Tournament 2nd Round)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was simultaneously both heartening and disheartening seeing how happy the players were to win a 2nd round game. Heartening because it showed how deeply they cared, and disheartening because they were acting like they'd won a title. But I do think Matt Norlander nailed it. They never would have admitted it, but the staff and players all would have seen it as an embarrassment for K's career to end on a loss in the 2nd round. Hopefully, this is a weight off their back going forward.

I used to believe that semi unironically but if the prospect of Zion in the FF wasn’t enough to compel them to call obvious push offs by Cassius Winston then it just cannot be true
If we get Duke-UNC in the Final Four this year, though, I might start to believe this particular tournament was rigged. I would expect that to be the highest rated game in college basketball history. What are the odds that that finally happens in K's last year and when UNC is an 8 seed and Duke a weak 2?

It would probably land somewhere in the 35M viewers range, I’d guess. Maybe more if it’s close late.

But it’s not happening.

Yeah how much money does it cost CBS if this boring Texas Tech team with zero national appeal, led by this professorial coach who nobody has ever heard of, beats Duke in K's last season after midnight on the East Coast on a weeknight.

One thing to keep in mind: TT fouls a lot. They also draw a lot of fouls. Duke doesn't foul a lot and doesn't draw a lot of fouls. Theoretically, those play styles should perfectly cancel each other out.

I only bring this up because if they're calling it tightly, that could swing way in the favor of the team that fouls less (Duke). And if that happens, there's going to be a lot of Twitter outrage.

One thing to keep in mind: TT fouls a lot. They also draw a lot of fouls. Duke doesn't foul a lot and doesn't draw a lot of fouls. Theoretically, those play styles should perfectly cancel each other out.

I only bring this up because if they're calling it tightly, that could swing way in the favor of the team that fouls less (Duke). And if that happens, there's going to be a lot of Twitter outrage.

It's a foregone conclusion that Walmart UNC fans will be livid if Duke wins in a close one and/or with a favorable foul discrepancy.

I've learned to enjoy their anger rather than be annoyed by it. It also helps that I mostly avoid Twitter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom