Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 8 North Carolina (NCAA Tournament Final Four)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at a sports bar in Salt Lake City Utah in 2005 watching the Duke MSU game and everyone besides me was pulling against Duke.
That was the last time I was at a public place for anything Duke. When you win as much as Duke, everyone hates you everywhere, even Idaho.

The only way for the hate to die down if you stop winning for a while. But is that what we wants.

Let's stop kidding ourselves............tomorrow night in the championship game with UNC facing KU there will be exactly ZERO freshmen starting for either team...........this one and done is a recipe for an ass kicking in the tournament.........

Let's stop kidding ourselves............tomorrow night in the championship game with UNC facing KU there will be exactly ZERO freshmen starting for either team...........this one and done is a recipe for an ass kicking in the tournament.........
Our narrow Elite Eight losses in 2018 (in OT) and 2019 were not ass kickings, nor was our narrow Final Four loss last night.

An ass-kicking was what Villanova did to us in 2009, when they took out a Duke team with one freshman starter (Elliot Williams) and otherwise a bunch of 4-year players (plus Gerald as a 3-year guy) most of whom the title the next year.

Our narrow Elite Eight losses in 2018 (in OT) and 2019 were not ass kickings, nor was our narrow Final Four loss last night.

An ass-kicking was what Villanova did to us in 2009, when they took out a Duke team with one freshman starter (Elliot Williams) and otherwise a bunch of 4-year players (plus Gerald as a 3-year guy) most of whom the title the next year.
one and dones lose...........that is all that counts.........

OADs give you the highest ceiling, but I believe that you need some solid vets in place too to take minutes esp if the freshman were struggling on defense. We didn't have enough of that this year - a lot to do with Joey just not being good enough.

OADs give you the highest ceiling, but I believe that you need some solid vets in place too to take minutes esp if the freshman were struggling on defense. We didn't have enough of that this year - a lot to do with Joey just not being good enough.

Our team overall was not deep enough a number of the past few seasons. I'd love to see the Scheyer staff more consistently utilize 11-12 scholarships on recruited players.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom