Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke vs. North Carolina (ACC Tournament Finals)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Point being that we may have covered if not for the collapse. If we're up six and they start fouling, we may have been able to pad that margin.

I lol every time I see this. Possibly the greatest basketball team of all time.

How the fuck did we not win a title? Maybe the players were really arrogant shitheads who went out partying the night before. I come back to that Florida game where Brand and Maggette made an agreement about him slapping a certain spot on the backboard. Everyone loves that story because it demonstrates "swagger," but what if it demonstrates cockiness?

View attachment 1453

Damn, now I feel even worse for Duke not winning it all that year.

And of course, in 2004 that late collapse/surge of bad foul calls was the only thing standing between us and a title. GT wasn't even competitive in the championship against UConn.
I looked that up on youtube again so I could silently cry to myself about all the weak foul calls. Ended up seeing the put back UCONN had to take the lead in the final minute. Really seems like Ewing should have crashed the boards after Okafor's post shot in a 1 point game with almost no time. Instead, he drifts out of the play towards the three point line as the ball gets deflected to Okafor for an easy layup.

I'm still upset that we had a double digit lead in the 2nd half against Arkansas in 1994. Was looking for a play-by-play to see how far into the 2nd half that was (I think it was with about 12 minutes left). Watched briefly the video, but rarely showed the time and score, which is insane. Also noted that TV Teddy reffed it.

It was about 16 minutes left. We went on a 13-0 run at the beginning of the 2nd half to go up 48-38. Chris Collins (2) and Jeff Capel took the last 3 shots of the game for Duke.

Grant was not great. 12 point on 4-11 (3-7), 3-5, 14 boards (1), 3 steals, 3 blocks, 6 assists, but 9 turnovers.

The "not showing the time and score" thing drives me crazy when I try to watch older games. Either you have the capacity to show the graphic on screen or you don't. It's not some limited technology that you have to use sparingly. What were they thinking?

Also trailed by 9 in the second half of 2015 and if I recall Tyus took the last made FG (and Justise annoyingly clanged two FTs) in the game.

Everyone remembers the Tyus shot to put us up eight but it was basically negated immediately by a Kaminsky 3 or we might have really piled it on.

If it breaks just a touch different we win like 71 to 59

Tyus also had that dumb play (probably the only one of his Duke career) where he went for a quick layup on a full court pass instead of pulling the ball out and missed. Wisconsin then came back down and cut it to 3. I started getting nervous then. Thankfully he sunk two free throws on the next possession to basically ice it.

The "not showing the time and score" thing drives me crazy when I try to watch older games. Either you have the capacity to show the graphic on screen or you don't. It's not some limited technology that you have to use sparingly. What were they thinking?
Not saying I like it, but I think it's about keeping the screen cleaner. I assume it felt more significant when TVs were smaller.

When did permanent score bugs start in sports? I feel like 1996? 98?

It would’ve been somewhere around this time, at least for college basketball. If I’m remembering correctly, both ESPN and CBS debuted in the same season their compact little bugs that sat down in the right corner of the screen all the time. Was probably either 97 or 98ish.

Not saying I like it, but I think it's about keeping the screen cleaner. I assume it felt more significant when TVs were smaller.

I like a clean screen personally, score bugs should take up as small a portion of the screen as possible.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom