Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke vs. Syracuse (ACC Tournament Quarterfinals)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I saw was Duke winning this game by 14+ over a span of about 10 minutes. Whatever happened before then was obviously fluky. This team is built for March.

"we'd have won it with Buddy" because I guess he would have shot 75% from three?

Duke didn't fall all that short of covering an impossibly large spread, given the caliber of program Syracuse men's basketball is, historically. What a performance, all things considered.

Quite a few good runs for Duke have started with sketchy quarterfinal performances. That's not to say that I'm optimistic for Duke, but I certainly never read a close QF win as an omen.

I get they shot lights out, but this team addiction to the 3 ball pisses me off

Rebounding was a problem. Mark had some nice moments but he also seems to have regressed recently to chasing blocks he has no chance at. I don't think it had much impact on rebounding today because Syracuse mostly seemed to make the initial shot, but just notable to me after the past few games.

Defense seemed fine to me except on exchanges. It felt like one person was consistently a step or two slow on those. And they did a bad job of sticking with shooters after Syracuse's offense worked it inside and then went back out. I felt like the guys were a little overly-enthusiastic at times because Syracuse was hitting well-defended, garbage shots, so it puts added pressure to block the worse player's shot so there's no chance it goes in.

The good news was the team didn't fold though or tense up, ending with a 10-0 or whatever run at the end of a do-or-die game following the UNC loss. Has to be added to the sampling of mostly sucking at end of close games.

Never seen such a close game effectively end so quickly. I blinked and a one possession game became an 8 point lead.

We know that K & Co spend hours watching game film I wonder what are they seeing and what are they teaching as a result?

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom