Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Virginia Tech

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I‘m fine criticizing Jon for not doing better in the portal, but I can’t blame him for anything else this year. This team, aside from Flip and a few flashes from Young, is simply shit.

Last edited:
the fucking losers of this game ended up being proctor and grandison, roach wasn't much better in the 2nd half

Roach kinda sucked on offense, but did do a really nice job basically keeping Catoor from getting the ball in the 2nd half.

They didn’t have the guts to call it at that point against the home team, that’s all there is to it.

Reactions: TBC
They should be suspended like when they suspended the crew after the Duke/FSU game in 2002

Reactions: TBC
For a much less egregious call. Without the benefit of review.

No. It was a game Duke won in Cameron. Not the game where they lost to a terrible FSU team in Tallahassee by one in a foreshadowing of what was to come.

You know who didn’t get punched in the face by a celebrating VT player? Riley Leonard, that’s who. Next time, win the game. My $.02

Kind of a weird game really. Would not have expected that our offense would have one of its better ACC performances of the year in Cassell, while our defense shits the bed in the first half.

Whether the roster is trash or not, some of it falls on Scheyer. I can’t believe the number of folks trying to forgive him for the roster lacking talent as if he has no part in that. It’s his trash roster that he scouted. He’s not free of blame for this shitshow.

He gets blame for the portal not bearing much fruit, but one would not expect the top two recruits in the country to wind up as bottom 5 OADs all-time here. Whitehead looked like the real deal in HS, too. You could’ve hoped for Roach to take a year 3 leap and Proctor to shoot better than 25% on mostly wide open 3s. I’m willing to give Jon time, but will turn on him the moment I feel it’s clear he’s not capable of winning a national title here. I’m not there yet.

Last edited:
I give Scheyer a pass on in game adjustments and play calls as I think that takes more experience. I don’t give him a pass on terrible roster construction and lineups. The fact he doesn’t even bother trying with Mitchell at the 4 and Flip at the 5 is very worrisome.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom