Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Tennessee (NCAA Tournament R32)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did Scheyer play a slow offense? Seemed dumb to avoid any type of transition and let Tennessee set their defense. I might be missing something but it seems like a poor coaching decision to actively discourage transition offense.

Why did Scheyer play a slow offense? Seemed dumb to avoid any type of transition and let Tennessee set their defense. I might be missing something but it seems like a poor coaching decision to actively discourage transition offense.

I don't think you can suddenly just turn on the jets for one game. You are who you are at this point in the season relative to tempo. We played slow the entire year, and flipping that switch in the NCAA Tournament is extremely difficult to do.

I don't think you can suddenly just turn on the jets for one game. You are who you are at this point in the season relative to tempo. We played slow the entire year, and flipping that switch in the NCAA Tournament is extremely difficult to do.

Totally get that, slow is the identity of the team, but there were numerous transition opportunities they consciously avoided. Was a bit befuddling.

Well you have to take into account that we were short one man of an already short rotation, and that we have 2 seven footers who can’t run up and down for long. Tennessee had a bunch of guys who played 20 minutes each. And as is our guys were out of gas toward the end of the game. Imagine if we tried to run, we’d be done by the start of the 2nd half.

I think the thing we really should have done more is press and try to make them uncomfortable on defense. Granted, that presents some of the same issues with depth. But the fact that they only ended up with 9 turnovers, or whatever it was, is ridiculous. They were missing their starting point guard. Louisiana was able to come back and almost win solely by pressing them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom