Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Tennessee (NCAA Tournament R32)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll miss the defence. Stronger guards, with an ability to penetrate the lane, would help the bigs on offence

If Scheyer pulls this off, I think we will be National Championship level good next year:

Proctor-Roach-Mgbako-Mitchell-Filipowski

Bench: Foster, McCain, Stewart, Young

Is Roach definitely leaving next year? Because I honestly really want him back. You can't convince me that McCain or Foster will be better than a senior year roach.

no one knows if he would come back to be slotted at SG. He should, but maybe he goes to Louisville or w/e.

This is where we need NIL to change the game for us. Roach has very thin NBA chances. He can make a couple million at Duke his senior year and potentially more if he's on another Final Four team and then can play a few seasons earning real money in Europe or wherever.

The awkward thing with Roach coming back is there's a nonzero chance he'd be our 3rd best small guard but Scheyer would feel obligated to play him anyway.

I want everyone back. I think this teams gets much better with another year of practice and strength/conditioning.
Completely agree. Gotta keep in mind these guys are 18 or 19 and can make huge leaps year to year, especially with their shooting and strength. We've seen it plenty of times.

I will say though I think Flip needs to adjust and tone down his usage. He just does too much out there. Next year, we should be able to come up with a more balanced attack.
I think the biggest thing for Flip is figuring out how to add some finesse to his game. I know a lot of the commentary is about how weak he is, but I think that will resolve itself naturally. His absolute inability to navigate around defenders was directly reflected in his turnover rate and his shooting percentage.

I'm excited for Foster and McCain but you can't say no to Roach. If someone gets squeezed out, so be it.

I dunno man, if were going that route I’d want him to commit to 100% taking a fifth COVID year if we’re at risk for losing one of those recruits
I kinda get that. For me it might come down to whether Roach can take a real leap instead of the marginal improvement he showed this year.

mitchell's injury was just a colossal bummer. our best garbage scorer and defender in a rock fight of a game.
Yeah, even in that rock-fight scrimmage against Houston according to reports(and confirmed by the boxscore) Mitchell was easily the 2nd most impactful player in that game. This is exactly the type of matchup, where just having him on the court making garbage plays and exhibiting a much needed motor on the glass and defensively, would've been invaluable.

Seeing a scrub who Mitchell would've been assigned to defend, have a career game and effectively morph into Paul George makes this freak injury much more anguishing.

Last edited:
I'm excited for Foster and McCain but you can't say no to Roach. If someone gets squeezed out, so be it.

I dunno man, if were going that route I’d want him to commit to 100% taking a fifth COVID year if we’re at risk for losing one of those recruits
I kinda get that. For me it might come down to whether Roach can take a real leap instead of the marginal improvement he showed this year.

McCain and Foster could legit each be 40% shooters from deep next year. I think if we are returning Proctor, we gotta take the gamble with the freshmen. McCain was Gatorade POTY in his state, and Foster has been going nuts too.

Foster beat the shit out of my alma mater in the CA state title game. Watched highlights and he looked incredibly quick and tough, finished over our 7 footer with ease. Definitely think both of those guys could be really good freshmen.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom