Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NC State (NCAA E8)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roach had 21 on 9/17 from the field in our 15pt coasting during the first match.

Was 1/6 for 5 pts in the second game with 3 turnovers and 3 fouls.

Let's hope we see second half Roach on Sunday.

In Duke last loss to State…The 3 guards shot 7/28 (3/14 from 3). Proctor was the main culprit going 4/16.

Duke was also 8/14 from the line.

I like Dukes chances in this 3rd matchup.

Also not sure doubling Burns is the best strategy. He went off for close to 30 pts at Nc State while Duke shut almost everyone else down. And Duke won by 15. Will be curious to see how Jon and the guys defend big boy Burns. Seems like it would be better to play him tough 1v1 and not let the others go off and feel comfortable. Flip has to stay out of foul trouble of course so I hope Young can continue to battle and give more positive mins! Even Sean had his best game of the year against them. He could be a wild card.

Either way Duke winning!!

Per Torvik, NC State is the 8th best team in the country since the morning of the Syracuse game. Thought they would be a little higher (and I took out the Louisville game since it weighed them down unfairly). Duke is 3rd and UConn 1st.

Per Torvik, NC State is the 8th best team in the country since the morning of the Syracuse game. Thought they would be a little higher (and I took out the Louisville game since it weighed them down unfairly). Duke is 3rd and UConn 1st.
Looking at just since the NCAA tournament started, they're only the 13th best. That surprised me. Duke is 2nd.

Looking at just since the NCAA tournament started, they're only the 13th best. That surprised me. Duke is 2nd.

State was impressive against Texas Tech, but they really didn’t play that well against Oakland or Marquette. Were fortunate to draw a 14 seed in the former, and have the Eagles go ice cold from three in the latter.

State was impressive against Texas Tech, but they really didn’t play that well against Oakland or Marquette. Were fortunate to draw a 14 seed in the former, and have the Eagles go ice cold from three in the latter.
Yeah, but beating a 2-seed by 9 pts should still give you a bump, regardless of how and why it happened. Torvik's algorithm doesn't care how open Marquette's threes were.

You're right that the Oakland game is probably dragging them down. Won by 6 pts against a team that was frankly overseeded as a 14. Oakland entered the tournament as the #137 team on Kenpom. Horrific loss by Kentucky to them. There have been losses to 15 seeds that were better.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom