Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NC State (NCAA E8)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand how Horne played like a blind disabled-brain every time he dribbled last game and today was making every difficult pass while being contested by the help defender.

Duke losing to unc in the final 4, then nc state two years later in the elite 8. Fucking humiliating. Wish one of our players actually took that to heart and played for the name on the front when playing in such high stakes games.

Kinda feels like we’ve been the Dallas Cowboys since 2015. So much hype and talent, with the unquestioned biggest brand in the game, all to make one fucking Final Four.

Really wish we could utilize the transfer portal. Thats the recipe to winning in today's age. Freshman just won't do it anymore.

Need transfers that can contribute with no problem. The other 2 carolina teams killed us with them. To be honest people lose their mind on here, but duke doing what they're doing with freshmen and soph is actually impressive

Devilsforlife said:
Kinda feels like we’ve been the Dallas Cowboys since 2015. So much hype and talent, with the unquestioned biggest brand in the game, all to make one fucking Final Four. (Thread reply)
As a fellow Dallasite, this is painfully somewhat accurate. Granted, Cowboys suck way too much to be a great comparison.

Sometimes I forget that the NCAA is all about upsets. You might want to think they shouldn't be because Duke draws the most eyes, but it's necessary for the brand. People love March Madness first and foremost for the upsets, then for individual teams. Upsets are the lifeblood of NCAABB.

So the crowd and the refs all know that the calls are supposed to favor David for standing up to Goliath when Duke plays anyone just like when Edey plays anyone.

UConn overcomes this by being so beautiful. Like the beautiful game Spurs. To root against them is to root against the purity of basketball itself.

As a nuggets fans myself, we're in desperate need of a backup big. Wish DJ would be our backup

Oh well, I can at least remember a time watching Duke was fun and you really felt like the whole was more than the sum of the parts every year.

Zion was the only time since 2015 I really enjoyed a season, and even that was frustrating at times with shoegate.

I guess grand scheme an E8 isn't a poor result, but it still feels empty

Something tells me State gets smacked by Purdue.

I did make the cynical joke earlier today that the worst possible championship would be UConn-NC State, though. Only upside of that is it would probably beat our record of largest loss in a championship game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom