Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UConn is on UNC’s side of the bracket.

This is what I was droning on about before the Selection Show, hoping that would be the case. UConn will probably lose to Ill or ISU though with our luck.

They will be playing virtual home games in Boston at least.
It's unfortunate that the 5 seed, the 3 seed, and the 2 are all alive in UConn's side of the bracket. Makes the likelihood of a loss before UNC greater. If UConn goes out while UNC is still standing, I'm selling everything I have and putting it on UNC to win it all.

I’m kind of happy with the lack of upsets. Makes for much better viewing in the later rounds.

I assume you mean "the lack of upsets in 2nd round"? Because the 1st round had a ton of upsets. In fact, I saw that it was the most since 2001.

I assume you mean "the lack of upsets in 2nd round"? Because the 1st round had a ton of upsets. In fact, I saw that it was the most since 2001.
Yeah I meant the Fact that the sweet 16 held on to be mostly chalk.

Looking at Alabama's numbers, this will obviously come down to a 3pt lottery against UNC. The good shooters in Alabama's main lineup are all pretty much where they should be in 3pt% this season, based on their track records in FT% and 3pt%. The one guy who is due for some upward regression is their combo guard, Estrada, who is 87% FT over 5 seasons and shot 37% 3pt on similar volume last season. He's at 31% 3pt this season. Estrada going a more expected 2/5 3pt instead of 1/5 would make up most of the gap between the two teams.

Of course we know Ingram is due for some negative regression for UNC. Time is running out for that to happen, though. Career 62% FT shooters don't often jump from 32% 3pt to 39% 3pt, but maybe he is the exception who will bring UNC a national title.

This is what I was droning on about before the Selection Show, hoping that would be the case. UConn will probably lose to Ill or ISU though with our luck.

They will be playing virtual home games in Boston at least.
It's unfortunate that the 5 seed, the 3 seed, and the 2 are all alive in UConn's side of the bracket. Makes the likelihood of a loss before UNC greater. If UConn goes out while UNC is still standing, I'm selling everything I have and putting it on UNC to win it all.

Yes although Auburn and their top 5 KP rating was what we were most worried about when the bracket came out.

I am indeed an idiot. Thank god for that, or else I'd have to pencil in unc to the final.

Gotta imagine UConn (v SDSU) and Purdue (v Gonzaga) take care of business this weekend. Other than those 2 games, I don't know how the rest shake out:

South
Duke v Houston
NC State v Marquette

Midwest
Creighton v Tenn

West
Clemson v Arizona
Unc v Bama (actually we all know how this one will shake out)

East
Iowa St. v Illinois

Should be some good games

Gonzaga is playing really well lately. Zona and Marquette are both bigger favorites over Clemson and State than Purdue is over the Zags.

According to Bovada, Duke tied for 9th best odds to win it all (+2200). I'd say there's some value there.

unc 5th best odds (AZ slightly ahead at 4th).

To make the Final 4, Duke is at +350 (Houston even money).

Unfortunate that we'll have to cheer for both AZ and Uconn as they tip off before unc on Thursday.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom