Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about a Duke-Purdue Final Four with UNC facing San Diego State or some bullshit on the other side? Do we think Purdue's chances of beating UNC are good enough that we'd root against Duke? Or do we trust Duke not to lose three times to UNC in the same season? Or would we root for Purdue, knowing that they'd probably lose to UNC, just because we don't want to risk the humiliation of losing to UNC ourselves?

I was looking at the Duke/UConn question the way you ask your last Purdue question, because Duke losing to UNC in the championship is the worst case scenario, we want Duke to lose so there is no chance it happens.
Yeah, I just think it's more clearcut with UConn because I have much more faith in them to beat UNC.

Of course. But they also are much more likely to beat us, which Purdue does not.

Of course. But they also are much more likely to beat us, which Purdue does not.
I wonder how we'd match up with Purdue this year. I think Purdue is better than last year, when they kicked our ass. But I also think we match up with them far better this year.

Reactions: aiw
It's a little tougher hypothetical now that we've experienced the humiliating Final 4 loss already, and somehow, that loss hasn't really affected me/the rivalry as much as I thought it would have.

I don't live in the triangle so it's obviously different for me, but I'd probably cheer for Duke to win in that scenario. Feel like we'd have some sort of cosmic karma force on our side after Ks last meltdown.

I wonder how we'd match up with Purdue this year. I think Purdue is better than last year, when they kicked our ass. But I also think we match up with them far better this year.
I’ve thought about that matchup - not that I think it’ll happen - and Jon would have to do some unorthodox (no Jew pun intended) stuff. Playing a lot of Filipowski with 3 guards and Power would be a good start. Can’t let Edey off easy on Mitchell or Stewart and allow Edey to park in front of the rim like Tacko vs Tre Jones.

If Edey is guarding Flip, I’m giving Flip the green light from three and living with whatever happens. If Edey is on Mitchell, Stewart, or Young, that big has to set as many screens as possible to try to get someone open for a 3.

Defensively, I don’t know. Collapse on Edey and hope they have a bad night from 3?

Too many words for a matchup that ain’t happening.

I still don’t trust Purdue. Theyre gonna have to pull a 2019 UVA or at least get to the final and lose to UConn to make me believe.

What about a Duke-Purdue Final Four with UNC facing San Diego State or some bullshit on the other side? Do we think Purdue's chances of beating UNC are good enough that we'd root against Duke? Or do we trust Duke not to lose three times to UNC in the same season? Or would we root for Purdue, knowing that they'd probably lose to UNC, just because we don't want to risk the humiliation of losing to UNC ourselves?

We root for Purdue, but we as a board plan a Heaven’s Gate style suicide for Tuesday, April 9 as a failsafe.

We root for Purdue, but we as a board plan a Heaven’s Gate style suicide for Tuesday, April 9 as a failsafe.

@aiw Will buy each of us a pair of Nike

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom