Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Vermont (NCAA R64)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Screen_Shot_2017_12_11_at_4.46.15_PM.png

Friday, March 22, 7:10pm ET, CBS
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

Opening line: Duke -11.5

Last edited:
Comfortably the worst of the 13 seeds. I also think our 2nd round matchup is winnable.

We could easily fuck it up, because this team is a bunch of fuckups, but you couldn't ask for a better first weekend. After that it's pretty brutal.

I’m just guessing on the time. I think it’s a very good chance of 9:40pm ET, given the whole country can watch at that time and if it’s still interesting in the 2nd half, East Coast can still drunkenly watch on a Friday night.

The biggest question in this game is whether Duke will engage early, something they don’t do consistently (but when they do, it’s usually game over). The other two questions I have are more opponent-specific. First, can Vermont’s very good defensive rebounding hold up to Duke’s size and athleticism? Second, will Scheyer dare Vermont to take threes (which they’re not all that good at) or will he let them have long twos (which they actually do seem to be good at)? This figures to be a very low foul, low turnover game played at a 60-65 possession pace, so I think those are especially big questions.

Vermont by 23

Another very good option to use your $5,000 sweat-free first bet on, if you’re a new FanDuel or DraftKings user in NC. I’m seeing Vermont +470.

Duke will have had a week to prepare/heal and four full days to game plan for a team that is basically at the level of Georgia Tech/Notre Dame. This is an important one for Jon and the staff.

CBS looking for an upset here. The #1 crew is probably in Brooklyn for UConn, but the game time says they want to make sure all of America sees this.

Really hope Duke can get out to a big lead early and cruise to a comfortable win. Nebraska's first tournament game in 10 years starts 20 minutes earlier which sucks timing wise.

Really hope Duke can get out to a big lead early and cruise to a comfortable win. Nebraska's first tournament game in 10 years starts 20 minutes earlier which sucks timing wise.
This is what I did last year. Not always feasible but it was pretty awesome

Attachments

• IMG_5746.jpeg
    IMG_5746.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members