Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Antonio Vrankovic

aiw said:
This is what I imagine happened when the team found out

duke-ncaa-champs_468768694.jpg

This might be my favorite Duke Forum thread of all time. Weird A. Holy shit.

Also, just look at Matt jumping there. Who the hell jumps like that? His body is perfectly rigid.

Matt is doing a punk rock pogo

rome8180 said:
aiw said:
This is what I imagine happened when the team found out

duke-ncaa-champs_468768694.jpg

This might be my favorite Duke Forum thread of all time. Weird A. Holy shit.

Also, just look at Matt jumping there. Who the hell jumps like that? His body is perfectly rigid.

childress22 said:
Bullis33 on the Scout free board, who sees a lot of FL high school hoops, had this to say about Vrankovic:

"Hey guys, I know a ton of guys down in FL, and they have all been telling me since last summer that this kid was severely under the radar and a high major kid...good student as well...I am shocked after seeing him in person this year that he stayed under the radar...REALLY skilled in the post with either hand, shoot with touch out to 15-17 feet, good rebounder and willing passer..he is not a great ATH, but that will be improved in a college S&C program....I really tried to get UF to look at him, but we were already over the limit with current commits, etc...if you guys are patience, you got a really big steal here IMO..I saw him 3 times this season when down that way for business..I would say he is a more skilled Zoubek at a similar stage"
I trust what Bullis say about Florida recruits. He was dead on about Grayson.

not a lot of dunks in this one
[youtube]http://youtu.be/yDI6-D2vyhs[/youtube]

His dribbling off the steal around 1:55 looks plumlee-esque... (don't think I need to specify which plumlee(s))

He looks like he has fairly good footwork and touch. Just very slow and unathletic.

One of the Youtube comments says he's already better than Marshall, so there's that.

I'd say he's a somewhat stockily built guy who plays like a bull in china shop and shuffles his feet on post moves. Nah, doesn't remind me of anybody.

Steev said:
not a lot of dunks in this one

His dribbling off the steal around 1:55 looks plumlee-esque... (don't think I need to specify which plumlee(s))

Steev, hit quote on this post and see what I did differently to embed.
(Make in www youtube.com format, add "watch?v=")

Last edited by a moderator:
New video looks pretty damn good for someone whose expectation is "post depth in a few years."

The big question will be how he responds to the S&C program. If he can do the thing our bigs usually do and remake his body to the point that he can run the floor reasonably well, I don't see why he can't be a solid college center down the line. Freaking massive kid with the frame to get Drago-jacked, and actually a basketball player rather than a huge human who decided he should learn how to play.

I think this is an unequivocally positive development. You never don't want a guy like that one your bench/practice court.

He looks like Marshall Plumlee in that new video. And isn't that about all we expect him to be? If he sticks for four years, he looks like he could be good for us. And it's not like we're in a scholarship crunch.

eta...Poor Obi.

childress22 said:
Steev, so you're saying he looked worse two years ago than he does now?

it was strictly observational of the video. I agree that he looks better now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom