Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Antonio Vrankovic

That is the biggest question that the 15/16 Blue Devils have to answer. Who is better: Weird A or Obi?

7-8 from the free throw line in 14 minutes. Has the ugliest two-hand, chuck-it-at-the-basket shooting form ever but, fuck it, it goes in the basket. If one of our starting bigs turns out to be an atrocious free throw shooter, Vrank could be our late game salvation.

And a couple of those rolled off the rim and in. He somehow has a soft touch despite the form.

Physically, he reminds me of Zoubek.

rome8180 said:
And a couple of those rolled off the rim and in. He somehow has a soft touch despite the form.

Physically, he reminds me of Zoubek.

Thought the same way when watching the replay earlier. He was running at one point and I felt like I was watching young Zoubek.

I just watched the first half, and feel like I saw nothing suggesting he'll be playable against real teams. If you're 6'11 and you're getting swatted twice at the rim in 5 seconds by a 6'5 guy, that's not good.

I'm just happy he could make free throws, since apparently that's something Duke coaching can't teach.

I'm not expecting him to contribute this year. But I think he could be playable as an upperclassman, which is more than I expected when we landed him.

4 points, 7 rebounds in all of 2015-16.

5 points, 10 rebounds in first game of 2016-17.

I feel like there's some material to work with here. Maybe in another year or two he could possibly play 5+ minutes in a real game against real opponents without me hating him for it.

1 - Nice to see him get some decent run

2 - I liked what I saw. Another nice blocked shot.

He was the best part of the game for me. I think he's going to be a big help over the next couple of seasons.

DurhamSon said:
I'm not convinced that there is a noticeable dropoff from Jeter to him.

Vrank is a substantially better ball handler on the high post than Jeter. He boxes out at least as well as Jeter, and rebounds actually fall into his hands. I think Vrank is more skilled in nearly every offensive aspect of the game. Jeter clearly has the physical upside that Vrank will never have.

Vrank reminds me of old, slow Arvydas Sabonis, which is a huge complement.

The mobility and ability to 'get up' is Jeter's advantage. AV and Jeter are both poor finishers around the net.

I agree with the comments about Vrank's comparatively superior ballhandling skills.

Jeter is at the point right now that the only good plays he makes are blocked shots. If he doesnt block the shot he doesnt seem to be affecting the shot all that much. He is horrible on offense and doesnt rebound.

Ive been one of Jeter's biggest defenders, but ya I feel more comfortable right now when Vrank is out there compared to Jeter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom